The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

season pedictions??

Rate this topic

lmm

what happened to the 2021-22 season prediction thread

isn't it supposed to be re-opened like a time capsule afte the season is done?

I'd like to see how I made out

wouldn't you?

Playoffs, definitely, because Benning mortgaged the future to make that happen and made the promise.

In hindsight, I wish VAN kept the two 1sts, LE, Roussel, Beagle. Those three players are now done, imagine the extra cap VAN would have this off season, not to mention two very good prospects developing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Playoffs, definitely, because Benning mortgaged the future to make that happen and made the promise.

In hindsight, I wish VAN kept the two 1sts, LE, Roussel, Beagle. Those three players are now done, imagine the extra cap VAN would have this off season, not to mention two very good prospects developing. 

Imagine being able to squeeze a dman from Vegas or Tampa with that cap space....

Similar frustrations to us having no cap in 2020 when salaries were depressed and we could have signed top line ufas for cheaper. Mortgaging the future with no sense of foresight and timing

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You don’t remember what you predicted?    

I predicted 101 points. :picard:

Tbf. This team was capable of it. As bad as people thought Green was no one could have predicted that bad run with a historically bad PK and PP.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

Tbf. This team was capable of it. As bad as people thought Green was no one could have predicted that bad run with a historically bad PK and PP.

If Bruce coaches the whole year I think we get 101 at least.  

To get a guaranteed playoff spot in the Pacific this past season, we would have had to hit 100 points.  I mean, the difference was winning four more games against the right teams. Our future hinges on whether we see this team follow a similar trajectory as the season when the WCE started taking off.   We have some great young core pieces that are hungry.  I hope we get 110, but I have been let down by the Canucks for over 50 years that I struggle with the fear of another year of disappointment.