The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour/ Report) Friedman- Brett Burns on the move?

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if PK could play a strictly defensive role with Hughes as his partner? 

Playing on the Devils probably hasn't helped much.  Not sure how good his defensive game at this point.

So instead  Rutta is UFA and he's a good defensive player and physical.

Hughes     Rutta

OEL     Miller

Rath  Schenn

Much better Alf!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Playing on the Devils probably hasn't helped much.  Not sure how good his defensive game at this point.

So instead  Rutta is UFA and he's a good defensive player and physical.

Hughes     Rutta

OEL     Miller

Rath  Schenn

Much better Alf!

I sure like the looks of that left side.  One phenom at moving the puck, a very good guy at moving the puck, and a future star.  

And a very defensively sound right side that will allow the puck movers to do their thing.  Looks great!  

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I sure like the looks of that left side.  One phenom at moving the puck, a very good guy at moving the puck, and a future star.  

And a very defensively sound right side that will allow the puck movers to do their thing.  Looks great!  

Yeah, really solid defense.  Nucks might have to offer Rutta an incentive to leave Tampa, but with their cap, it

be an easy job.  I think Miller + Rutta come in for the same price as Myers (who goes to Seattle for Geekie)::D

Friedman on his podcast says one of the teams told him that SJS are not going to give Burns away, he insists that it's just not going to happen.  There is a specific package they want in return and only then would they trade him.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Friedman on his podcast says one of the teams told him that SJS are not going to give Burns away, he insists that it's just not going to happen.  There is a specific package they want in return and only then would they trade him.

how realistic is this tho? Burns has a 3 team trade list.

What kind of package are they looking for?

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

He didn't say other than he's not going to be given away.  Friedman got that info from another team that has likely asked about Burns.

Having both Burns/Kalrsson hasn't quite worked out as planned for SJS because there are only so many minutes/opportunities available like PP1 - both offensive RDs.  Maybe they are hoping he would waive for more teams.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, mll said:

He didn't say other than he's not going to be given away.  Friedman got that info from another team that has likely asked about Burns.

Having both Burns/Kalrsson hasn't quite worked out as planned for SJS because there are only so many minutes/opportunities available like PP1 - both offensive RDs.  Maybe they are hoping he would waive for more teams.

that and Karlsson is kind of a shadow of what he was. That may be the worst contact in the league soon. 

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

I dunno... maybe something around Luca Sbisa, Nick Bonino, and a 1st?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I dunno... maybe something around Luca Sbisa, Nick Bonino, and a 1st?

what about a straight swap of OEL for Burns? we get our old man years out of the way early. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/7/2022 at 6:00 PM, SilentSam said:

Heard it from the horses mouth in the 2nd intermission of third Rangers Penguins tilt.

Burns in the move?  Last year of contract..

how about 50% retained for our 15th overall?

if we can sign him to a 4m x 3 per yr extension?

Was the horse dead and well beaten at the time?

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2022 at 8:09 PM, SilentSam said:

Keep him for a year and a half and move him .

short term help that’s moveable isn’t bad.

hell if LE can find a home in prickle bush,. 
old hair pie Burns can find a home in Dallas sucking on ribs.

I have a lot of experience with barbecue in the US South. It's not that you can't get ribs at a barbeque joint in Dallas, brisket in Texas is often the better choice. In the mid-west, Kansas City brisket and ribs are really good because the sauce is great, then St. Louis style of ribs tastes a lot better than Texas and Kansas City styles, and all three are way better than Memphis style. Memphis is messy and quite vinegary, and is usually used on pork ribs or pulled pork.  Carolina styled barbecue differs from all of them because they have a heavy emphasis on pork using mustard based sauces.

On 5/9/2022 at 6:26 PM, Gawdzukes said:

image.png.18b6043a57c1e1b72d75e9da16858b65.png

lol, only 2 years left at 8 mil. I kind of like OEL though. 

That's funny! Wouldn't be horrible... Does get us a RD to play with Hughes (for a couple years anyway). And would nix OEL's long term issues (though IMO that's massively overblown around here).

HIGHLY doubt OEL would waive though :lol:

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

That's funny! Wouldn't be horrible... Does get us a RD to play with Hughes (for a couple years anyway). And would nix OEL's long term issues (though IMO that's massively overblown around here).

HIGHLY doubt OEL would waive though :lol:

He's good friends with Erik Karlsson and not the same pressure to play in SJS vs Vancouver.