The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks may offer sheet an RFA this summer

1 minute ago, BPA said:

I would think July 1st when free agency starts.  So well after this year’s draft.

so then re-aquiring our 3rd rounder this year doesn't matter,

and I would offer sheet Dobson a ton of money cuz NYI does not have a ton of cap space.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

so then re-aquiring our 3rd rounder this year doesn't matter,

and I would offer sheet Dobson a ton of money cuz NYI does not have a ton of cap space.

Yup.

Maybe Canucks will offer this year 3rd round draft pick for a player or else they will offer sheet the player (which would be next years 3rd).  

Offer sheets are so rare, but you never know.  Dobson would be a great add to the Canucks. Hughes - Dobson :towel:

Would JR definitely target a RD?  I'm assuming he would, as that's the Canucks biggest need and offer sheets can't be taken lightly.

will be a few good forwards available too (Kakko, Norris, Bratt, Robertson, Crouse)

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I thought JR said he wanted to keep all of his picks?

I highly doubt he is going to offer sheet anyone. 

Who cares about picks if they end up with Dobson?  Nuck 1st, 2nd,3rd and whatever wouldn't be all that great

if Dobs was on the team.  This year's 15th overall would be as good as it gets.  This is the perfect time to offer

sheet an all star player.  Low risk, hugely high reward.

Unfortunately, NYI will do anything to match.

Kevin Fiala makes the most sense if we were to go that route. Wild aren’t going to be able to afford him. We can if we move Myers, Dickinson, Pearson, and perhaps Boeser.

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Kevin Fiala makes the most sense if we were to go that route. Wild aren’t going to be able to afford him. We can if we move Myers, Dickinson, Pearson, and perhaps Boeser.

I hear Fiala could be going to NJ to join his fellow Swisster (?) Nico Hischier.  So, the Devils would probably be out on Garland or Boeser.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I hear Fiala could be going to NJ to join his fellow Swisster (?) Nico Hischier.  So, the Devils would probably be out on Garland or Boeser.

We are trading Hughes to Jersey.  Big double huge trade.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

but because we do not have our 2nd we cannot afford a large enough OFS for Tkachuk, but Dobson in the 1st+3rd range would work, but I imagine NYI match

NYI would match for sure Dobson 22, 6'3 RD -- 80 GP-- 51 points this season - RFA-- signs 7 X 8 million-- NO WAY HE ISLEAVING - -NYI

CALGARY-- Would match-- Maybe Ottawa will make big trade offer for Tkachuk--- Ottawa have lots of great prospects

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Who cares about picks if they end up with Dobson?  Nuck 1st, 2nd,3rd and whatever wouldn't be all that great

if Dobs was on the team.  This year's 15th overall would be as good as it gets.  This is the perfect time to offer

sheet an all star player.  Low risk, hugely high reward.

Unfortunately, NYI will do anything to match.

Of course they would match for Dobson. So why even bother and look like a fool?  JR isn’t a fool. He’s a hall of famer. He isn’t going to risk his reputation trying to offer sheet a young star. 

Jeff Marek is just trying to fill up his 32 thoughts. I guess he was one thought short this week. 

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The Canucks have options now that they have reacquired their own third round pick

https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator

image.png.ca46dd389fe881f3564252b87142b7c3.png

It does make me wonder, especially with rumors swirling about potentially acquiring Kuzmenko, and at the trade deadline Garland was supposedly being shopped for a first round pick, Allvin and Rutherford want to make some sort of offersheet and have another 1st round pick to make a selection. They are certainly trying to open their options to better this team.

It does make me think if Kuzmenko signs with us, Garland is likely going out to help relieve cap and gain back picks to make an offersheet.

I think if Kuzmenko signs, one of Garland or Hoglander are traded. 1st round pick obviously which would apply to a $4-6million offer for a team that is cap strapped. The only interesting team that is Vegas. Not a lot of interesting names but:

- Nic Hague (D)

- Jesse Pujuluarrvi (F)

- Kappo Kakko (F)

- Andrew Mangiapane (F)

- Oliver Kylington (D)

- Jack Roslovic (C)

- Adam Boqvist (D)

- Victor Olofsson (F)

- Lawson Crouse (F)

- Timothy Liljegren (D)

- Nicolas Roy (C)

- Pierre Luc Dubois (C)

- Kevin Fiala (F)

- Kasperi Kapanen (F)

- Dominik Kubalik (F)

- Dylan Strome (F)

- Jesper Bratt (F)

- Miles Wood (F)

- Denis Gurianov (F)

- Pavel Zacha (F)

- Adrian Kempe (F)

- Sonny Milano (F)

I have to think it's for Nic Hague to shore up the D or Kevin Fiala (Wild are gonna be in cap misery next couple years)...

Edited by BureBurrito
  • Vintage 1