The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Islanders have fired head coach Barry Trotz

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Considering Allvin and JR stressed structure, Trotz presumably will be considered.  Still, I think it's more likely that the Canucks will stick with Boudreau.

I agree Trotz is all defensive structure and systems..I really think Allvin and JR will be all over hiring Trotz..

Boudreau should get a 3 yr offer from another team? I really don't think Bruce will be back with no extension offer..

Bruce is 67 with great winning percentage and the players love playing for him...

I say maybe Flyers or team getting knocked out in first round will make offer to Bruce....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I thought his family was established in NY? but thats a nice connection. 

He lived down the road from us at our old place and he buys honey from me at the farmers market.  He's been spending his off season on Vernon for well over a decade........a good chunk of it anyway

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I hope thats true. I still think its a bit of a mistake not offering at least one extra year, but it is what it is. It does send an accountability message from the top down, and there was some talk about some players not showing up ready to play. This could be part of changing that trend among some of the players. 

After the misery we’ve had to endure as Canucks fans over this last decade I’m strongly in favor of the accountability message being sent from top to bottom of the organization. Even if that includes Bruce who has in my mind absolutely earned at least another year with the team. As long as they keep it consistent and apply those standards to all I’m happy. Keeps everyone on their toes and always pushing for better.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay

1 hour ago, CR7 said:

This is who we should be after if Bruce doesn't come back. &^@# Trotz. Guy wouldn't even live in country and is the wrong type of coach...why anyone would want him is beyond me...

23 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Second post in this thread is about getting Trotz.

UN EFFIN REAL

So if Bruce walks (gets a multi-year offer from another team), you don't want us to target likely the best coach on the market?

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

This is who we should be after if Bruce doesn't come back. &^@# Trotz. Guy wouldn't even live in country and is the wrong type of coach...why anyone would want him is beyond me...

Someone posted earlier (other Trotz thread I think) that he see Trotz in the Oganagan every summer.  

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

So far vacant:

Red Wings

Islanders

Flyers

Jets

Blackhawks

Could be vacant at some point this off-season:

Canucks (if BB walks, doubtful)

Kraken (not that likely..but brutal year)

Most other coaches likely safe?

Maybe Dallas.  Some noise that Bowness might want to retire after this season.  He's 67.    

Vegas - DeBoer is under review and Vegas tends to chase the shiny new toy.  

NJD - Lindy Ruff also under review.

Brunette has the interim label in Florida.  Could depend on their playoffs.  

Idem for Woodcroft in Edmonton.

Nashville - Hynes is in his last year.  

Have to wonder about Keefe if it's another 1st round exit. 

1 minute ago, mll said:

Maybe Dallas.  Some noise that Bowness might want to retire after this season.  He's 67.    

Vegas - DeBoer is under review and Vegas tends to chase the shiny new toy.  

NJD - Lindy Ruff also under review.

Brunette has the interim label in Florida.  Could depend on their playoffs.  

Idem for Woodcroft in Edmonton.

Nashville - Hynes is in his last year.  

Have to wonder about Keefe if it's another 1st round exit. 

I was thinking the same re: Ruff. Although there are some sparks with that team.

Vegas has to learn their disruption of the team isn't working super well lately....right?

Fair on Brunette too. If they lost to Washington that would be a huge, huge upset. Could also depend on whether if someone like Trotz or Boudreau is still available when they are out of the playoffs, can't imagine them going with an inexperienced coach - their window is now.