The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sven Baertschi signs with SC Bern (Switzerland)

Best of luck Sven, enjoyed watching you play for the Canucks. But man, sure would be nice to have that pick we gave up for him instead. Hughes paired with Rasmus Andersson would be awesome to have on the back end. Oh how a proper rebuild would have set this team up more evenly with talent not forward heavy and no depth...that's the name of the game though!

I will remain in his corner...had high hopes for him. Had some brutal injury luck and was not supported by the refs/league. Sad.

Good for him for carrying on, wish him the best of luck. I have a cousin over there, might have to go visit/see him play one day.

• Cheers 1

I'm really surprised it took him this long to decide to go back home?  I guess the dream of getting back to the NHL is a powerful one. 

Wish him the best of luck - I'm sure he has some good hockey left in the tank. 

8 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Pretty sad he couldn't prolong his NHL career... he did have glimpses of dazzle with us!!

He's going back home to be a national hockey star in one of the best countries in the world!!

FIFYB)

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Always liked Sven, wish the concussions hadn't taken such a toll during his time here. Hope he can stay healthy for however long he decides to keep playing back home.

Stop with the propaganda lol. The truth is Benning didn't want to play him anymore and shut the gate on him. He went on to play seasons in the AHL and signed with the Golden Knights now 3 years in Switzerland, sound like someone with concussion problems that cant play hockey? 

Always had a soft spot for Baertschi. Too bad teams don't think he is a NHL regular. 

Edited by Drakrami
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Stop with the propaganda lol. The truth is Benning didn't want to play him anymore and shut the gate on him. He went on to play seasons in the AHL and signed with the Golden Knights now 3 years in Switzerland, sound like someone with concussion problems that cant play hockey? 

Always had a soft spot for Baertschi. Too bad teams don't think he is a NHL regular. 

He literally played ONE game with Vegas. Played a year with their farm team and did pretty much nothing. No NHL team had interest in him so he went back home. 

Of course his concussions derailed his career. He was never the same player since. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Nooks said:

25€ for a small tube of toothpaste though not even joking.

You do realize that Switzerland has its own currency (i.e., the Swiss franc), don't you?  One thing for sure, everything is expensive in Switzerland. 

Anyways, good luck to Sven Baertschi.  Don't know why he never seemed to get a fair shake with Green, even before his concussion.  I remember when he and Bo had some good chemistry playing together.  That seems like a lifetime ago.