The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Ted Lindsay Award finalists unveiled

Rate this topic

2022 Ted Lindsay Award  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Ted Lindsay Award?

• Roman Josi
    • Auston Matthews
    • Connor McDavid

This poll is closed to new votes

Josi gets my vote as well, but it's interesting that Johnny Gaudreau is not getting more love. I would have had him over McDavid - he finished second overall in total points (within striking distance of McDavid); he has 70 even strength points (the highest since the mid-1990s); he finished the regular season at +64 (the highest since Gretzky years). Disclaimer: I'm not a Gaudreau fan: see playoff performance.

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Yeah the number of defensemen in history with 96 points in a season is actually smaller than the number of forwards with 70 goals I think.

I wouldn't be surprised

I was really hoping he'd crack 100 but the Preds slowed down over their final stretch 

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I wouldn't be surprised

I was really hoping he'd crack 100 but the Preds slowed down over their final stretch 

D-men with 96 points or more before Josi...7.  Players with 70 goals...8.  Players with 60 goals is something like 20.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

D-men with 96 points or more before Josi...7.  Players with 70 goals...8.  Players with 60 goals is something like 20.

He's I'm rare company, maybe Makar or Hughes will get there someday 

• 2 weeks later...
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to 2022 Ted Lindsay Award finalists unveiled
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Man, Josi snubbed hard after a historic season

Imagine if he was Canadian, born in Toronto... Hart, Lindsay, Norris ... but instead, he's Swiss... so nothing.

EDIT:  Oh, and might I add, if he plays for Toronto?  Clancy, Byng, and somehow he'd get the Mark Messier award and even Selke :lol:

Edited by HKSR
  • Haha 1