The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks' dismiss 5 more staff, this time from Human Performance - including Roger Takahashi

Rate this topic

Ilya Mikheyev

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it were a systems thing. It's not enough to pick out Tanev on his own, Calgary was the healthiest team in the league this season. 

Yeah it looks like we were right at the top.  Montreal was the worst with Weber and Price taking up alot of that...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah it looks like we were right at the top.  Montreal was the worst with Weber and Price taking up alot of that...

For sure, but I reckon our number was inflated. Wasn't Keeper injured during camp or preseason and put on LTIR for most of the season? And if they count Sutter and Ferland that goes up, and then Hamonic with his Covid thing or whatever that was. It was a weird season in that we lost plenty of games to Covid too but as far as actual injuries go it felt like the healthiest season we'd had in a while? At least as far as our top players go. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

So Benning and his management all get the axe.  Five Scouts get the axe.  These ones today from the performance get the axe.  But Ron Delorme stays?

There are people who wouldn't get fired from this organization out of respect, age and history. (82 cup run)  even if performance wasn't there.....they would get shuffled around.

Smyl and Delorme for example. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

So Benning and his management all get the axe.  Five Scouts get the axe.  These ones today from the performance get the axe.  But Ron Delorme stays?

So far. I don't think jr is done by any means.

• Vintage 1

This is good, Clearly new management has identified problems within. These sort of roles can play big parts in a teams culture i'm sure, Maybe this is a easy way to shake things up without trading half the team. 

I have always thought we lack big time in the strength and conditioning department. The one ice product / consistency of it is proof

Losing jobs is never good, However these guys should find jobs fast with calgary only being an hr flight away

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I will be curious to see who the replacements are for these firings and wonder what the thoughts of Daniel and Henrik are? One would think these would be areas that they would have considerable input, no?

That is a funny take.

I always thought that the Grouse Grind was a rather lame "Tradition" aimed at inflating the Sedin's ego

Is that really the best way to gauge fitness?

More a part of the problem than the solution

Some folks around these parts act like the Sedins are the Canuck version of Rod the Bod

but I am not one of those peops

is there any other metric that suggests the Sedins were super fit?

Or is it just the Grouse Grind?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lmm said:

That is a funny take.

I always thought that the Grouse Grind was a rather lame "Tradition" aimed at inflating the Sedin's ego

Is that really the best way to gauge fitness?

More a part of the problem than the solution

Some folks around these parts act like the Sedins are the Canuck version of Rod the Bod

but I am not one of those peops

is there any other metric that suggests the Sedins were super fit?

Or is it just the Grouse Grind?

No, not really suggesting they should be the metric for fitness. Rather just that they would have been among the people consulted so either they would agree changes needed to be made or they were over-ruled. More curious where they fit in with the decision.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, danjr said:

Grouse grind

Strength
Speed
Endurance
oxygen efficiency.

You seem to forget, that Henrik had an ironman streak.  He is the only person in the history of the league to have 500+ games and lead his team in scoring.....
Let me amend that.  HE is the only player in the history of the league who LED the league in scoring while on a 500+ game ironman streak.

HE is probably the only player to lead the league in scoring and have four 11 goal seasons

I'm just not sure whose fancy stats are more relevant 

and did you mention speed?

was he the fastest player on the team?

Strength, was he the strongest player on the team?

was he the most oxygen efficient player on the team?

I'll give you endurance, his ironman streak proves that one

I wonder how Phil Kessel would do on the Grouse Grind?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No, not really suggesting they should be the metric for fitness. Rather just that they would have been among the people consulted so either they would agree changes needed to be made or they were over-ruled. More curious where they fit in with the decision.

I too wonder about their roles in management

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

About time!! Most random injuries on this team for a decade, will be nice to have a more healthy lineup down the road in crucial games

We didn't up date Tanev's pads til a few years in. Now he's finishing whole seasons. Lol big miss

Takahashi's treatment method:

Band Aid Mother GIF by Kacey Musgraves

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 2