The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bruce Boudreau will return as Canucks head coach next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DeNiro said:

Great stuff!

You don’t wanna be playing musical chairs in the summer for a new coach.

We know the players like Bruce and he gets results. It was really a no brainer.

one criticism I had of the prior yrs is how poor they come out of training camp and get behind early.  Albeit sometimes hold outs or injury hurt the player's prep (BB, EP, QH etc), but the team always looked weak on special teams, shootouts etc.   

I like to see a new preparation for the training camps, and have them running on opening night.   If nux had won 3-4 games more before Bruce got in...  

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

one criticism I had of the prior yrs is how poor they come out of training camp and get behind early.  Albeit sometimes hold outs or injury hurt the player's prep (BB, EP, QH etc), but the team always looked weak on special teams, shootouts etc.   

I like to see a new preparation for the training camps, and have them running on opening night.   If nux had won 3-4 games more before Bruce got in...  

Hand in hand with a new training, and conditioning staff? 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hand in hand with a new training, and conditioning staff? 

sad to see some of those guys got let go.  I dont know if that was what Bruce demanded. Regardless if that was Alvin/JR's move or Bruce's demand, I want the new team to succeed.  Can't start the season so poorly like they have the past several yrs.     

• Like 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

sad to see some of those guys got let go.  I dont know if that was what Bruce demanded. Regardless if that was Alvin/JR's move or Bruce's demand, I want the new team to succeed.  Can't start the season so poorly like they have the past several yrs.     

Not sad at all.

If you want to transform your team into a championship team you need to look at every aspect of the organization.

Some of these guys may not have necessarily deserved to be let go, but in order to change the culture you kinda need to get rid of the long time guys and start fresh.

Now the new hires will all be on the same page and know exactly what management expects of them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Management rolled the dice on this one, but got away with it.

You gotta give BB props for recognizing that he had a good situation here and basically betting on himself to continue the success he had last year. If they can carry it over and are sitting in a playoff position around Christmas, I think he'll be looking at a multi-year deal with a raise....

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1