The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] JT Miller to Vegas Golden Knights

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We can't afford to offer sheet Roy at $4 million if we are prepared to keep Miller.  It's one or the other, unless we are planning on trading Horvat...

unless we trade Myers :lol:

I know, its really tough to make a trade that works on all fronts. Your OP did a decent job, though. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think you’re right.  But is that JR’s philosophy for our direction or our owner’s?  If we bring back our extended core, we are very likely a playoff team (for the next four years) and our owner will make back a lot of the money he lost these last couple years.  

It's all coming together man I mean, alien dude; everybody's philosophy.

The Watermen, 3 Cup Jim and his posse, Bruce there, the players, right down to the racing dogs, everybody knows.

Everybody knows this team is already a contender, and going to get much better very soon.

We are actually getting better right now, and all the time.

Everybody's working right now to build this team to Win The Stanley Cup.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

It's all coming together man I mean, alien dude; everybody's philosophy.

The Watermen, 3 Cup Jim and his posse, Bruce there, the players, right down to the racing dogs, everybody knows.

Everybody knows this team is already a contender, and going to get much better very soon.

We are actually getting better right now, and all the time.

Everybody's working right now to build this team to Win The Stanley Cup.

You can't contend and miss the playoffs year over year.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:01 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

No, don't think OEL will be easy to move. Mentioned recently, he's the price we pay for consolidating our cap-debts

We prob gotta ride that one out for another 1-3 yrs?..

Even though we didn't showcase OEL enough late in the season, for Huggy's 'point chase', I believe that OEL has value as a PP quarterback. There are a handful of teams who struggled statistically on their PP. Let feel them out, if they want a qb. 

On 5/13/2022 at 1:39 PM, Coconuts said:

They're actually a legitimate landing spot for him if he makes it to UFA. Pacioretty's 7M expires at the end of the 22-23 season and he'll be 35 years old. Miller expires that year too, and Vegas has a history of "ooo shiny". 

I'm not sold on them as a trade partner though, they've traded away much of their higher end trade assets. 

Would not be surprised if Miller landed in Vegas. 

21 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Even though we didn't showcase OEL enough late in the season, for Huggy's 'point chase', I believe that OEL has value as a PP quarterback. There are a handful of teams who struggled statistically on their PP. Let feel them out, if they want a qb. 

I think that OEL can quarterback the second unit PP. 

He’s still a solid defenseman, even though he’s getting paid quite a large amount for someone who doesn’t produce from the backend anymore. 

On 5/14/2022 at 3:08 PM, JM_ said:

very likely, on both counts. 

It’s probably the reality that Kuzmenko is going to the Oilers. 

Which is why I want them to lose to the Flames. Maybe that changes Andrei’s mind. 

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think that OEL can quarterback the second unit PP. 

He’s still a solid defenseman, even though he’s getting paid quite a large amount for someone who doesn’t produce from the backend anymore. 

Usually he gets about 20 seconds of pp time, if anything, and it usually a line change. Tough to get any play set up. 

Which is why I would have featured him the last 10 games. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

It’s probably the reality that Kuzmenko is going to the Oilers. 

Which is why I want them to lose to the Flames. Maybe that changes Andrei’s mind. 

I'm thinking he goes to play with Ovechkin. 

On 5/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Usually he gets about 20 seconds of pp time, if anything, and it usually a line change. Tough to get any play set up. 

Which is why I would have featured him the last 10 games. 

Yes.   Also any D that's getting 20-25 even strength points is doing ok - well.   One year Bieksa almost led the league in even strength points with very little PP time.   If OEL and Myers are in that range it's decent although i'd agree for what they are paid it's not enough. 

• Cheers 1