The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks & Laffs..Would U? (Proposal)

Assuming Du_ba$$ gets gassed..as he promised this holdout he wouldn't ever deal him! :^)

In truth, this guy has winger-speed we could use. Presumably we make more deals(with other W's especially, acquiring more D)

Van:  JT Miller, Jason Dickinson, Jet Woo, 2023 2nd

Hogtown: Nylander, Liljegren, 2023 1st rd pick(NO protection)

The $ & cap AAV are basically a wash. Nylander has an extra yr of contract & is a few yrs younger. Like his speed, & the guy does stay healthy.

With Bo or EP, he could add elements to either line.

& from TO's pov?? My free advice would be a dramatic tear-down!

Matthews to LA, for Kempe, Brandt Clarke, Byfield & 1 more asset(?)

Mitchy to colddd Winterpeg, for Scheifele, Brenden Dillon, Heinola & a 2nd

BANG! NOW they can afford to pay a ****ing goaltender.

I doubt they fire Dubie and I doubt they rebuild.   They lost to the 2x defending champs in a close series.   And I wouldn't want any of those TO assets mentioned in the proposal - any Miller trade should be able to return much better than that.  Adding a cap-dump will a Miller trade negates any value so that's a no in my view. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

They should fire Dubie, he's put together a team that can't win a series and has no cap space. 

Hard pass on Nylander.

The only player that can get significant and plays close to contract value is AM. And we all know he's going to dictate where he goes. He's going to pull a Seth Jones sooner than later. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

They should fire Dubie, he's put together a team that can't win a series and has no cap space. 

Hard pass on Nylander.

The only player that can get significant and plays close to contract value is AM. And we all know he's going to dictate where he goes. He's going to pull a Seth Jones sooner than later. 

Matthews might want out this summer.  He could force a trade to the Coyotes.  And a return of Chychrun + + + would definitely reallocate the Leafs’ cap to a better balance.  Dubas wont do it though.  So he (and Shanahan) will need to go first.  

Out:  Shamaplan, Dumbass, Pants Down

In:  Bergevin, Chychrun, +, +, + 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Matthews might want out this summer.  He could force a trade to the Coyotes.  And a return of Chychrun + + + would definitely reallocate the Leafs’ cap to a better balance.  Dubas wont do it though.  So he (and Shanahan) will need to go first.  

dunno... AM is going to have full control over where he goes and that team is a pure crap heap. Does he really want to go there now?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

dunno... AM is going to have full control over where he goes and that team is a pure crap heap. Does he really want to go there now?

How big is AM’s head?  Maybe he sees himself as a saviour for hockey in Arizona?  Herman would sure love to see that happen.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How big is AM’s head?  Maybe he sees himself as a saviour for hockey in Arizona?  Herman would sure love to see that happen.  

Pretty big, he's a walking candy apple.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Assuming Du_ba$$ gets gassed..as he promised this holdout he wouldn't ever deal him! :^)

In truth, this guy has winger-speed we could use. Presumably we make more deals(with other W's especially, acquiring more D)

Van:  JT Miller, Jason Dickinson, Jet Woo, 2023 2nd

Hogtown: Nylander, Liljegren, 2023 1st rd pick(NO protection)

The $ & cap AAV are basically a wash. Nylander has an extra yr of contract & is a few yrs younger. Like his speed, & the guy does stay healthy.

With Bo or EP, he could add elements to either line.

& from TO's pov?? My free advice would be a dramatic tear-down!

Matthews to LA, for Kempe, Brandt Clarke, Byfield & 1 more asset(?)

Mitchy to colddd Winterpeg, for Scheifele, Brenden Dillon, Heinola & a 2nd

BANG! NOW they can afford to pay a ****ing goaltender.

No, I don’t think the person that Toronto needs to move to fix itself would fit in our strategy. Since Tavares is full NMC, they need to move either Matthews or Marner to balance their lineup and cap allocation.

Until they move one of those players to address their defense etc, they are going to struggle to get through the first round.

By may math, there were 3 teams in the East that Toronto needed to avoid to make it through the first round. Tampa, Florida and Carolina, I think all three would have beaten them.

Having 40% + of your cap taken up by 3 guys, doesn’t work in today’s NHL. You need depth and balance.

Toronto doesn’t have a Hedman on the Blueline, they have some good players back there, but no one elite.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

I think Matthews likes being on a winning team.  They're lacking certain intangibles like heart which is reflected in their lack of playoff success.  But I can't see someone who is so entitled opt for starting over again anywhere.  

8 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I think Matthews likes being on a winning team.  They're lacking certain intangibles like heart which is reflected in their lack of playoff success.  But I can't see someone who is so entitled opt for starting over again anywhere.  

I wonder if we will see some kind of mega-deal between a team like the Rangers and TO. Or maybe LA. Both NYR and LA have "now" roster pieces and futures that could make a deal work. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I could see him wanting to go there in a few years when they have a lot of high pick talent and he will  look like the saviour, But I think he will be happy until then staying a Leaf

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think Arizona will wait until he's a UFA and get him for free.  They are in no rush to compete.  In 3 years they might actually have a decent team if they play their cards right...

Toronto has built a team that is made for the regular season. Their best assets are in their top 6. But it's goaltending and defence that win cups.

I don't think I have seen a single team score it's way to a cup since the Oilers in the mid 80's.

What they have is a very unbalanced team. I'd trade some of the top 6 for experienced defenders.

They don't need JT Miller. What they needed was available 2 years ago (for no assets) in Markstrom and Tanev but dumbo put them in cap Hell.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Vintage 1