The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Off season Moves.......Scorched Earth .........2nd Edition..........Would you? (Discussion/Proposal)

6 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Yeah, I am not sure where they get this "Rookie" for the RHD, that is actually better than Edler on the LHD. (Rookie=young) Maybe?

I'm assuming thats something we get back in the trade mix. Even OEL-Burroughs might be workable. 

6 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Also, I really like Rathbone game. I was reading where LA's Faber is ranked 40th non-nhl player, and Rathbone is ranked 46th.........pretty close together

and the are thinking Faber could be a #1/#2 type player........which indicates to me that Rathbone probably has a #2/#3 ceiling????

I mean greater mind than mine are trying to figure this out........but that is my take

I like Rathbone too, as I suspect a lot of teams would too. He's a good trade piece potentially, as always depends on the return. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Edler on the bottom pairing would make us very dangerous on the left side.   To me Rathbone has a lot of promise as a PMD but not in this lineup - 

I just think with Hughes being locked in, OEL being a great 2nd pair option, Rathbone kind of becomes movable. I don't think anyone would complain if we moved up in the draft significantly if he was part of that kind of deal.