The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy finalists unveiled

Rate this topic

2022 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy?

• Zdeno Chara
    • Kevin Hayes
    • Carey Price

This poll is closed to new votes

Its really hard to even fathom choosing against such great stories. It almost feels wrong to choose one.

Just like last year when it was Bobby Ryan and his journey to sobriety vs Oskar Lindblom's cancer recovery story. Both are great stories in their own right, it felt wrong to choose which one was more deserving.

Same thing here, Kevin Hayes' losing his brother, Carey's recovery from physical injury and mental health struggles, to Chara's legendary influence. 

• Like 1

Price will win, but I personally think it would make more sense for him to be nominated next year if he's back and plays a full season. If I were picking between these three, I'd probably lean towards Chara or Hayes maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

It’ll be very interesting to see if Price can return to play.  Seeing him back in the Montréal net was nice but then he suffered yet another setback and it founds like there’s still not much clarity about where things stand fit his playing career.  Montreal is pretty much in limbo with regards to the kind of moves they can make until they know if he’ll be between the pipes or permanently on LTIR