The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JR wants Sandpaper (Discussion)

11 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I find it doubtful anyone offers Kane another long term contract at this point, based on only 40+ games of good behaviour, 

Nah some desperate team will for sure. Maybe the poorly managed Coyotes.

I'm so glad JR is at the helm and sees the changes that are needed. I agree with some, the Canucks have been a finesse team (acquiring slighter, skilled euros) for many years and it's time to become a team that's a lot tougher to play against, especially at home. Other teams should struggle to win at Rogers Arena. Demko should be completely off limits, and if one Canucks player gets played dirty, then the other 4 Canucks skaters should want to step in to right the wrong - pack mentality. 

This being said, I feel that Garland and Hoglander could be traded. 

Garland to BOS for DeBrusk, as an example. They get bigger, tougher, and save a bit of cap.

Miller is a pickle - what do they do with him? If he gets traded, will they get the return a lot are hoping for?  What if it's basically a 1st and a low cost player? (prospect), just so they can dump the cap, try to refill the prospect pool.  Some of the proposals for Miller on here are heavily favoured to VAN, but in reality, it might not be that way.