The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rick Bowness steps down as Stars head coach

Rate this topic

As a fan of his work, particularly running the defense, I'm 100% supportive of offering him an assistant coach position behind our bench.  I remember when he had 5 nobodies and Erhoff during one particularly bad injury riddled month.  They didn't miss a beat, and we still looked like a contending team.  His work in Tampa, his work in Dallas, all show that he can run the D like nobodies business.  Whatever he puts in their kool-aid, it definitely works.

10 hours ago, Rubik said:

what a way to go out

notimpressed.png

Wonder how much the pair set Duck Dynasty back.

Would love to see Bowness back in Vancouver...I remember watching him play as a slow as molasses RW for the Winnipeg Jets on what I believe is the worst NHL team ever (I think they won something like 9 games that season).  Not the best player, but a great coach.

EDIT: looked it up and turns out the Jets team Bowness played on was the 13th worst team on record.

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 10:10 PM, bigbadcanucks said:

Wonder how much the pair set Duck Dynasty back.

Would love to see Bowness back in Vancouver...I remember watching him play as a slow as molasses RW for the Winnipeg Jets on what I believe is the worst NHL team ever (I think they won something like 9 games that season).  Not the best player, but a great coach.

EDIT: looked it up and turns out the Jets team Bowness played on was the 13th worst team on record.

I don't remember ever seeing him play but back in the early 80s hockey broadcasts were often limited to either Canacks or Oilers in western Canada.

Great guy though. I admired his time coaching a dreadful Ottawa team and thought he was an integral part of an incredible Canucks coaching staff.

• 2 weeks later...