The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck even strength offense

Rate this topic

JamesB

Funny how the XGF looks exactly like the players usage. 
I would say the Pearson’s effectiveness is not surprising. He was consistently the only forward driving play to the net and getting there night in night out. He is really undervalued here, he has been a solid middle six winger which is how he gets paid. 
I think the biggest problem with Dickenson is he was brought in to be an elite shutdown centre when he is actually a decent shutdown left wing. He looked so much more effective on wing and can provide some much needed size and grit.  He needs to be better than last year though and hopefully a centre will be brought in to play third line centre. 
If you have Bo, JTM and can bring in a 3rd line centre that leaves BB, EP, Podz, Hogz, Garland and Pearson as our top 9 wingers and that is just too small, something needs to give.  That is two players with decent size in Pearson and Podz one of which is a sophomore so not sure what your going to get. We need to move on from a couple of the littles in the top 9.

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Funny how the XGF looks exactly like the players usage. 
I would say the Pearson’s effectiveness is not surprising. He was consistently the only forward driving play to the net and getting there night in night out. He is really undervalued here, he has been a solid middle six winger which is how he gets paid. 
I think the biggest problem with Dickenson is he was brought in to be an elite shutdown centre when he is actually a decent shutdown left wing. He looked so much more effective on wing and can provide some much needed size and grit.  He needs to be better than last year though and hopefully a centre will be brought in to play third line centre. 
If you have Bo, JTM and can bring in a 3rd line centre that leaves BB, EP, Podz, Hogz, Garland and Pearson as our top 9 wingers and that is just too small, something needs to give.  That is two players with decent size in Pearson and Podz one of which is a sophomore so not sure what your going to get. We need to move on from a couple of the littles in the top 9.

Boeser is 210 pounds.  Petey isn’t heavy, but he plays super smart and is 6’3.  So he’s got a very long reach.

It’s Garland we need to move.  Hogs can go too, if he can return a young D.  

Petey, Miller, Boeser

Pearson, Bo, Pods

That’s a bigger bodied top six who can play in multiple ways.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Boeser is 210 pounds.  Petey isn’t heavy, but he plays super smart and is 6’3.  So he’s got a very long reach.

Petey, Miller, Boeser

Pearson, Bo, Pods

I like the bigger line up. Garland is useful but we cannot have two under-size forwards like him and Hoglander. one or the other IMHO. Podkolzin has shown he is ready for a top 6 role i think. if they do end up moving on from Boeser or Miller I hope we bring in some size up front and obviously a RHD that is ready to play.

1 hour ago, mikeyman109 said:

I like the bigger line up. Garland is useful but we cannot have two under-size forwards like him and Hoglander. one or the other IMHO. Podkolzin has shown he is ready for a top 6 role i think. if they do end up moving on from Boeser or Miller I hope we bring in some size up front and obviously a RHD that is ready to play.

I swear Jarnkrok and Dillon Dube are not 5'11 or whatever they're listed at.  Calgary has two smurfs in Mangiapane and Gaudreau.  I think we can get away with both Garland and Hoglander in the top 9 as long as we supplement them with a bit more size throughout. 

28 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I swear Jarnkrok and Dillon Dube are not 5'11 or whatever they're listed at.  Calgary has two smurfs in Mangiapane and Gaudreau.  I think we can get away with both Garland and Hoglander in the top 9 as long as we supplement them with a bit more size throughout. 

Problem with that is Pettey isn’t going anywhere and though is 6’3” plays smaller, Brock may be 200+ pounds but is not physical in any way.

Pearson and Podz bring decent size and grit but not exactly 6’5” beasts. 
That’s 4 out of 6 wingers that are either tiny or bring no physical game and two average sized wingers that bring some grit. 
‘Then our depth players are mostly pretty small. Lammiko is okay sized, Motte was undersized, Petan, Lockwood not very big, nor is Highmore.  
We lost all our depth players with size to waivers and never picked any up. 
Slotting Brady Keeper in where Hunt was will help on D but Rathbone coming in won’t. 
Very curious to see how the next few months play out. 
We need a Greenwood type. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

On 5/21/2022 at 2:17 AM, Ilunga said:

We can afford to do that next year however the year after those 3 guys will probably be taking up over a quarter of our cap space. 

We don't have quality prospects coming through that will be on ELC's to balance them out. 

Cup winning teams are built through drafting 

https://puckprose.com/2021/07/20/nhl-draft-teams-best-draft-pick-time/

While Jim has drafted decently players like Hughes and Petersson, they aren't giving us those few years on cheaper contracts to help build a contender.

While I appreciate what Hughes brings to our team he gets the same amount $7,850,000 AAV as Hedman ?

Both have 6 years left on their contract. Hedman is a true  franchise D- man, his defensive game is just as good as his offensive game, a complete D- man.

He scored 85 points in 82 games this year.

Hughes scored 68 points in 76.

He is nowhere near the defenseman Hedman is.

And before anyone brings age into the discussion Lidstrom won the first of his Norris Trophies at Victors age.

If anyone reminds me of Nik it's Victor and he has already won one.

That however is not my point.

My point is using cap space and the draft wisely. 

The real contenders are masters of this, we not so much.

You forget where hedman and Hughes are playing so it's not that fair of an assessment. 

36 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

You forget where hedman and Hughes are playing so it's not that fair of an assessment. 

If I had to choose which D- man out of Hedman or Hughes it would be Hedman every day of the week.

He is by far the more complete defensman of the 2.

It's not even an argument. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-top-players-top-20-defensemen/c-319546918

I know it's only one article from 2 years ago however those facts remain the same.

Who are you gonna choose , a 6 foot 6inch players who plays all facets of the game at the elite level or a 5 foot 10 inch guy who excels  on offense but will never be the true D- man Hedman is. 

Hughes is a great player don't get me wrong and I am glad he is on our team. 

I would trade Hughes for an exorbitant return.

I would never trade Hedman, he is what you build a Stanley Cup winner around as he has proved.

He is just as important as Stamkos or Vasilevskiy to his team's success.

A true franchise defender and he will be in the hall of fame. 

I do hope one day that we can say Hughes has won 3 cups however what do you think the odds of that are ? 

I would give my left nut for that.

Not my right, it's slightly bigger.

26 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

If I had to choose which D- man out of Hedman or Hughes it would be Hedman every day of the week.

He is by far the more complete defensman of the 2.

It's not even an argument. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-top-players-top-20-defensemen/c-319546918

I know it's only one article from 2 years ago however those facts remain the same.

Who are you gonna choose , a 6 foot 6inch players who plays all facets of the game at the elite level or a 5 foot 10 inch guy who excels  on offense but will never be the true D- man Hedman is. 

Hughes is a great player don't get me wrong and I am glad he is on our team. 

I would trade Hughes for an exorbitant return.

I would never trade Hedman, he is what you build a Stanley Cup winner around as he has proved.

He is just as important as Stamkos or Vasilevskiy to his team's success.

A true franchise defender and he will be in the hall of fame. 

I do hope one day that we can say Hughes has won 3 cups however what do you think the odds of that are ? 

I would give my left nut for that.

Not my right, it's slightly bigger.

That's actually not my point, every team in Canada has to over pay usually, not all but usually and it's all about taxes and if your paying in the USA or Canada makes a huge difference, we're lucky that we even got some unpaid time out of him, I mean unpaid as in not big bucks but ELC's is exactly what this team needs if we're going to pay big money elsewhere in the line-up and we surely will.

I can't believe we got Demko locked in for his salary, that was one of the best moves JB ever pulled off, especially in the next few years as salaries climb, even OEL will look like a bargain on the books in 2-3 years, top pairing D will be in pretty big demand right behind goalies and of course you know that doesn't go anywhere but up. 

Anyway cap management work in the middle of all this sure wouldn't be easy, glad it's not my job.

28 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

That's actually not my point, every team in Canada has to over pay usually, not all but usually and it's all about taxes and if your paying in the USA or Canada makes a huge difference, we're lucky that we even got some unpaid time out of him, I mean unpaid as in not big bucks but ELC's is exactly what this team needs if we're going to pay big money elsewhere in the line-up and we surely will.

I can't believe we got Demko locked in for his salary, that was one of the best moves JB ever pulled off, especially in the next few years as salaries climb, even OEL will look like a bargain on the books in 2-3 years, top pairing D will be in pretty big demand right behind goalies and of course you know that doesn't go anywhere but up. 

Anyway cap management work in the middle of all this sure wouldn't be easy, glad it's not my job.

I have addressed this point.

I am really sick of hearing about taxes. 

When you are talking about 60 million dollars for 8 years ?

It boils down to does a player want to win ?

Or does he play for the money ? 

Me I used to be the best at what I did, skiing and downhill MTB and I didn't do it for the money.

Take a team discount like Stamkos and Hedman have done or be greedy and ask for the big bucks at 22 when he hasn't even proved he can sustain that level ? 

Give me 10 million and I will turn that into 15 easy in five years, let alone 50.

Melbourne property prices rose over 35 percent in the last 3 years alone. 

Vancouver's property rose nearly 20 percent to Feb, one year and as I have pointed out Vancouver has the lowest property tax in North America.

I totally agree that what we need is ELC's, that has been my point.

Previous management has mismanaged our cap and drafting. 

Giving away first round picks, Solid player ELC's and trying to plug holes with the wrong pieces. 

Demko is a franchise tender and as you state a bargain at his caphit.

I was stoked when OEL was acquired, bit disappointed in his first year however he can still and hopefully will pick up his play. 

This is the prediction for salary cap raise 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-salary-cap-projections-for-next-season/c-315855100

But remember the players all expect a raise, it's hard to say what that means team wise.

You should get into fantasy hockey.

While it is fantasy it teaches one the fundamentals of building a winning team, drafting, cap management and trading.

Edited by Ilunga

10 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I have addressed this point.

I am really sick of hearing about taxes. 

When you are talking about 60 million dollars for 8 years ?

It boils down to does a player want to win ?

Or does he play for the money ? 

Me I used to be the best at what I did, skiing and downhill MTB and I didn't do it for the money.

Take a team discount like Stamkos and Hedman have done or be greedy and ask for the big bucks at 22 when he hasn't even proved he can sustain that level ? 

Give me 10 million and I will turn that into 15 easy in five years, let alone 50.

Melbourne property prices rose over 35 percent in the last 3 years alone. 

Vancouver's property rose nearly 20 percent to Feb, one year and as I have pointed out Vancouver has the lowest property tax in North America.

I totally agree that what we need is ELC's, that has been my point.

Previous management has mismanaged our cap and drafting. 

Giving away first round picks, Solid player ELC's and trying to plug holes with the wrong pieces. 

Demko is a franchise tender and as you state a bargain at his caphit.

I was stoked when OEL was acquired, bit disappointed in his first year however he can still and hopefully will pick up his play. 

This is the prediction for salary cap raise 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-salary-cap-projections-for-next-season/c-315855100

But remember the players all expect a raise, it's hard to say what that means team wise.

You should get into fantasy hockey.

While it is fantasy it teaches one the fundamentals of building a winning team, drafting, cap management and trading.

As much as you don't like it, taxes play a major part and nothing to do with property taxes, income tax, go look up you 60 million like you mentioned and tell me what the amount is in Canada AND the USA too. Fantasy hockey? I'm sure Taxes are included on that right? And btw , there's so many variables that sims can replicate.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:53 AM, DrJockitch said:

Problem with that is Pettey isn’t going anywhere and though is 6’3” plays smaller, Brock may be 200+ pounds but is not physical in any way.

Pearson and Podz bring decent size and grit but not exactly 6’5” beasts. 
That’s 4 out of 6 wingers that are either tiny or bring no physical game and two average sized wingers that bring some grit. 
‘Then our depth players are mostly pretty small. Lammiko is okay sized, Motte was undersized, Petan, Lockwood not very big, nor is Highmore.  
We lost all our depth players with size to waivers and never picked any up. 
Slotting Brady Keeper in where Hunt was will help on D but Rathbone coming in won’t. 
Very curious to see how the next few months play out. 
We need a Greenwood type. 

Well thing is, what JB tried to do even with Tryamkin is on D where it has to be tough as well, his theory and mine match and I was all smiles when Train arrived and JB was trying to match a BIG stay at home D paired with a small faster PMD who could either pass OR take the puck himself, I forgot about Guddy but both acquisitions IF they'd have worked out is what each line needs. Hughes with Myers or someone big to take on if someone decided to do a Sedin trick in the playoffs and run out smaller guys, that would toughen us up on D and at least one hard noses physical player on the bigger side, every good line has a bigger power forward, a triggerman and a sniper. Like Gretz, kurry, and Mess. Trotz, Bossy and Gillies... Prime examples. 

5 hours ago, iceman64 said:

As much as you don't like it, taxes play a major part and nothing to do with property taxes, income tax, go look up you 60 million like you mentioned and tell me what the amount is in Canada AND the USA too. Fantasy hockey? I'm sure Taxes are included on that right? And btw , there's so many variables that sims can replicate.

Like I stated mate, a players motivation is either money or winning.

40 million, 50 million , 60 million who cares you are set for life.

Me if I was the best player in the world I would play for a million bucks a year if it meant winning Stanley cups. 

I would still be set for life and making a living doing something I love.

You ask what property taxes have to do with it ?

Well you brought up taxes and the best investment I know is property.

The player that earns millions can invest in property and what he loses in playing in Canada re taxes he gets back by investing in property then selling it.

As I stated Vancouver has the lowest property taxes in North America. 

And property prices went up nearly 20 per ent last year alone.

Do the math.

Someone who invests 8 million turns that into nearly 10.

I stated that fantasy gives you an idea of what it takes to build a team, especially the 4 major factors, drafting, cap management, trading and talent evaluation.

Those things are what real life GM's have to get right to win and it's the same in our league. 

Like some in this thread I watch hours of video and read $hitloads of scouting reports. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ilunga said:

Like I stated mate, a players motivation is either money or winning.

40 million, 50 million , 60 million who cares you are set for life.

Me if I was the best player in the world I would play for a million bucks a year if it meant winning Stanley cups. 

I would still be set for life and making a living doing something I love.

You ask what property taxes have to do with it ?

Well you brought up taxes and the best investment I know is property.

The player that earns millions can invest in property and what he loses in playing in Canada re taxes he gets back by investing in property then selling it.

As I stated Vancouver has the lowest property taxes in North America. 

And property prices went up nearly 20 per ent last year alone.

Do the math.

Someone who invests 8 million turns that into nearly 10.

I stated that fantasy gives you an idea of what it takes to build a team, especially the 4 major factors, drafting, cap management, trading and talent evaluation.

Those things are what real life GM's have to get right to win and it's the same in our league. 

Like some in this thread I watch hours of video and read $hitloads of scouting reports. 

Selling investment property? Dude look up Canadian tax AND capital gains tax 50%.. seriously by the time you pay a agent, fees, income tax it equals to a LOT and not every player makes massive dollars where it makes those to examples even worse. I used to own a trucking co and got hosed and it wasn't even anywhere near what some players make. Seriously go on a income tax calculator and start feeding in say 3,000,000 and go up, your mouth will drop I assure you and add a pretty hefty agent cut on top of that which they have to pay like anyone else, the more it is the bigger it is, 30-35% wouldn't be a stretch. Trust me when I tell you income tax being the main driver is a LOT less that the USA and that's where the buck stops. Period... I'd compare even on taxes in Canada from province to province but the federal tax is always there too, when your premier like b.c.'s before is voted the Alberta business man of the year from all the b.c. businesses up and moved to Alberta because of the lower taxes.. c'mon dude this has got so much to do with it but your writing it off as nothing.. this is typical of Canadian fans who think it's just that easy that players want to give a huge discount so your reply doesn't surprise me. Unless your a exemption from the rule like McKinnon, it's not realistic. 

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Selling investment property? Dude look up Canadian tax AND capital gains tax 50%.. seriously by the time you pay a agent, fees, income tax it equals to a LOT and not every player makes massive dollars where it makes those to examples even worse. I used to own a trucking co and got hosed and it wasn't even anywhere near what some players make. Seriously go on a income tax calculator and start feeding in say 3,000,000 and go up, your mouth will drop I assure you and add a pretty hefty agent cut on top of that which they have to pay like anyone else, the more it is the bigger it is, 30-35% wouldn't be a stretch. Trust me when I tell you income tax being the main driver is a LOT less that the USA and that's where the buck stops. Period... I'd compare even on taxes in Canada from province to province but the federal tax is always there too, when your premier like b.c.'s before is voted the Alberta business man of the year from all the b.c. businesses up and moved to Alberta because of the lower taxes.. c'mon dude this has got so much to do with it but your writing it off as nothing.. this is typical of Canadian fans who think it's just that easy that players want to give a huge discount so your reply doesn't surprise me. Unless your a exemption from the rule like McKinnon, it's not realistic. 

I am from Melbourne Australia.

Bottom line as I stated, an athlete's motivation is either winning or money. 

As I stated I would play for a million if it meant winning Stanley cups. 

Here in Melbourne you can negatively gear the house/s you buy.

Lots of mum and dad and CHINESE investors making a fortune in the last 20 years.

What's stopping a Canadian or American hockey player from doing the same thing ? 

Then you can buy one of the old quarter acre blocks, knock down the house, put 4- 6 townhouses on it and double your money in less than a year. 

Once you have millions it's easy to make millions more, I have friends that do this. 

Anyway as I stated I would rather play for cups/ winning and immortality, being remembered for winning, than for a few lousy extra million. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I am from Melbourne Australia.

Bottom line as I stated, an athlete's motivation is either winning or money. 

As I stated I would play for a million if it meant winning Stanley cups. 

Here in Melbourne you can negatively gear the house/s you buy.

Lots of mum and dad and CHINESE investors making a fortune in the last 20 years.

What's stopping a Canadian or American hockey player from doing the same thing ? 

Then you can buy one of the old quarter acre blocks, knock down the house, put 4- 6 townhouses on it and double your money in less than a year. 

Once you have millions it's easy to make millions more, I have friends that do this. 

Anyway as I stated I would rather play for cups/ winning and immortality, being remembered for winning, than for a few lousy extra million. 

Well let's just take Petey and Hughes, why not sign for a lousy few million less a season? If only! I wish but not everyone makes money with their money, your going to chuckle but I do the same thing on a much smaller scale BUT I know what to make to put my toe as close to the tax law as I can get but when it involves millions and like I said, not everyone would be remotely interested in taking less and even stranger is one step further is if also go the McKinnon route, I mean I could comfortably live on a ton less that a average player makes in a year for the rest of my life but sir, over here on this side of the pond, $ rules and only a few exceptions of us who don't want more than we need. In my way of thinking, I love hockey and if it was me I'm not sure just because if I wanted millions to play and certain regular people couldn't afford to watch a live game of a really good hockey team playing, I doubt I could do it. But that's just me, otherwise it boils down to the almighty dollar for whoever so it is what it is...

On 5/21/2022 at 5:53 AM, IBatch said:

TB ... Miller makes 850k LESS on his deal playing here, then he did in the US. It's like beating a dead horse.   Those guys taxes at 36.4 vs 53%...well you do the math.   Their "discounts" aren't as big as you might think.    They are masters all right - of drafting well and LUCKY enough to afford an extra Stamkos plus (think about what we could do with say 100 million instead of 81.5) ... Absolutely agree Hedman is better.    QHs would have to be getting over 9 to have the same salary here in Vancouver.   It's not apples and apples. 

I absolutely agree drafting is key, as are an ability to make the right trades.   Quin was a trade master.    Nonis trading for Luongo ...Linden trade ... I can see why Millers, Brocks and even Horvats name comes up.   Not sure how Allvin will work towards making this team a contender ... we are close as far as becoming a playoff team.   Lidstrom couldn't win until the competition thinned aged out ... Hedman has got some very steep competition now, always nominated ... Rafalksi, Gonchar, Phanuef vs Makar, Josi, Fox, etc etc is quite the higher level ... QHs is likely going to have to score 100 points to beat out these guys ... tough to do.  Only a few ever have.    Hedman is probably the most complete D in the league.  

Your absolutely right though - having players punching above their caps is what makes a contender - an entire group of them.   TB ... you might not know this, but if you add that extra year (8), and then go to the Gavingroup calculator - Stamkos is making the same net pay that he was offered in SJ ... take a gander at what they offered him.   Hedman would have to make over 10 x 7 in most Canadian cities to get the same amount of guaranteed money.   They for sure are the envy of the league. 

So Florida tax breaks is definitely an advantage. 

I know we've already been nailed for cap circumvention (Luongo) 

Can Aqualini just buy a Volvo dealership and have Petey sign an endorsement offer with Volvo for 20 mil? 

Or Miller signs a Makita tools endorsement contract for 20m and Aqualini agrees to only use Makita on all his development projects? 

If I was Nike, I'd just buy a sports franchise and give every player their own shoes with comes with a big offer

All kidding aside, it's too bad the league can't create its own means to even out the disparity in advantages. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Well let's just take Petey and Hughes, why not sign for a lousy few million less a season? If only! I wish but not everyone makes money with their money, your going to chuckle but I do the same thing on a much smaller scale BUT I know what to make to put my toe as close to the tax law as I can get but when it involves millions and like I said, not everyone would be remotely interested in taking less and even stranger is one step further is if also go the McKinnon route, I mean I could comfortably live on a ton less that a average player makes in a year for the rest of my life but sir, over here on this side of the pond, $ rules and only a few exceptions of us who don't want more than we need. In my way of thinking, I love hockey and if it was me I'm not sure just because if I wanted millions to play and certain regular people couldn't afford to watch a live game of a really good hockey team playing, I doubt I could do it. But that's just me, otherwise it boils down to the almighty dollar for whoever so it is what it is...

I would never chuckle at a fellow board member when they state what you have.

I take you at your word. 

It ain't hard to be a property developer, especially when your buddies are tradies and you already have bought a house.

Harder for the younger generation for sure. 

Money means nothing to me.

I am far from rich, my parents left me the family farm, however I payed my own way travelling the world, sleeping on couches, washing dishes, getting support from some great companies once I got good at what I do. 

What's important is I do what I want, when I want. 

I love what I do, growing flowers and some days that is hard work, physically wise. 

However I live in paradise and am known as a good person who cares about others,I share my wealth, giving to those less fortunate than myself.

I can go to my grave knowing that people respect who I am. 

Ones Legacy is far more important than money IMO.

8 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I would never chuckle at a fellow board member when they state what you have.

I take you at your word. 

It ain't hard to be a property developer, especially when your buddies are tradies and you already have bought a house.

Harder for the younger generation for sure. 

Money means nothing to me.

I am far from rich, my parents left me the family farm, however I payed my own way travelling the world, sleeping on couches, washing dishes, getting support from some great companies once I got good at what I do. 

What's important is I do what I want, when I want. 

I love what I do, growing flowers and some days that is hard work, physically wise. 

However I live in paradise and am known as a good person who cares about others,I share my wealth, giving to those less fortunate than myself.

I can go to my grave knowing that people respect who I am. 

Ones Legacy is far more important than money IMO.

That was back in the 50-60's here when you didn't get paid a whole lot to play hockey... 

Anyway, yeah I have what I need and a little bit more but that just means I can share and not be hurt by it which wouldn't be the end of the world but then again, I'm not about living in a mansion, but not homeless either, comfortable safe and warm and a place I can work is all I need, my part time job is buying and selling from auctions and I work part time and will never be rich again BUT I'll have had more time for me, which at the end of the day, my time is coming to an end and since I have no idea what day that's coming, time for me Is far more valuable than money, some is necessary yes BUT certainly matters not when the clock stops ticking right? 

Shrugs... :)

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:25 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

I think it shows especially in the playoffs what happens when you are undersized. Colorado is having a heck of a time with the Blues and St Louis is not small by any means. Its no guarantee of success but a bigger roster does help in the playoffs when the whistles go away and the Power plays come at a premium. Its not about size to overpower your opponents so much as to survive the punishment the tournament dishes out.

I was a huge Cliff Ronning fan in 94 but everyone else on that team either was bigger or played bigger. Even Bure took care of Churla.

Players that are smaller have to be exceptional to be effective in the NHL. Martin ST Louis, Exceptional. Ronning Exceptional(197 points in junior).

Hoglander has not shown me he is Exceptional yet. Garland is better than him at this point. I wouldnt have both in my top 9 but others might. I suggest we find some bigger nastier players to play in the top 9 and if that means moving either Garland or Hoglander i would be ok with that.

On 5/22/2022 at 7:16 AM, Alflives said:

Petey, Miller, Boeser

Pearson, Bo, Pods

Boeser is 210lbs of charmin. Thats a slooooooooow top 6. Garland is better and cheeper than Brock period. He's also 7th in the entire league in penalties drawn vs taken and 29th in the entire league in pts 5v5.