The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nissan question (Audio System)

Trancer

I recently got Nissan Versa 2022. My question is it possible to keep the music continuously playing without the audio turning off every 10 min. I get it it's doing it to conserve battery but it's annoying. I looked in settings but I couldn't find anything. Is there a setting on the battery where u can change it. Can the technician do anything about it?

Found this for you OP: 

If you want to listen to your radio or play your music without the Nissan battery saver message coming up and the car shutting off itself to save battery. You have to press the start button once for ACC MODE, then put the shifter into N. This will prevent the car from shutting on its own as it is thinking that the car is in Drive, instead of PARK . I have a 2nd battery for music so it last for almost 4 hours, then I just start the car for a couple minutes to recharge up the battery

Gotta think there's a way, though maybe you're talking about when the engine is off. I know when my car (2016 Elantra GT) is off, the infotainment stays on for about 5 more minutes and then shuts off. There's a way to turn on only the accessories though (which I forget) and I suspect that would stay on either indefinitely or for much longer.

13 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Gotta think there's a way, though maybe you're talking about when the engine is off. I know when my car (2016 Elantra GT) is off, the infotainment stays on for about 5 more minutes and then shuts off. There's a way to turn on only the accessories though (which I forget) and I suspect that would stay on either indefinitely or for much longer.

If you have a push button start, pressing it once turns on basic accessories, pressing it twice turns on more things (power windows, etc) and pressing it a third time shuts everything off again.  That's how things work for 90% of the cars.  

If you have a key start car, then turning the key only one notch will put it into accessory mode.  Some cars you turn the key away from you one notch (same direction as if you were turning it on) and some cars you turn the key in the opposite direction.  

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If you have a push button start, pressing it once turns on basic accessories, pressing it twice turns on more things (power windows, etc) and pressing it a third time shuts everything off again.  That's how things work for 90% of the cars.  

If you have a key start car, then turning the key only one notch will put it into accessory mode.  Some cars you turn the key away from you one notch (same direction as if you were turning it on) and some cars you turn the key in the opposite direction.  

Yeah, my parents used to have key-start cars, so I know how to do with with those, but I have a button start. I usually just press it to start the engine, but maybe if I do it without pressing the brake the accessories will start without the engine though, so I may try that.

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, my parents used to have key-start cars, so I know how to do with with those, but I have a button start. I usually just press it to start the engine, but maybe if I do it without pressing the brake the accessories will start without the engine though, so I may try that.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention no brake haha the important part

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Found this for you OP: 

If you want to listen to your radio or play your music without the Nissan battery saver message coming up and the car shutting off itself to save battery. You have to press the start button once for ACC MODE, then put the shifter into N. This will prevent the car from shutting on its own as it is thinking that the car is in Drive, instead of PARK . I have a 2nd battery for music so it last for almost 4 hours, then I just start the car for a couple minutes to recharge up the battery

That doesn't work for me unfortunately. Still shuts off after 10 min