The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Millers Value (Discussion/Proposals)

On 5/24/2022 at 10:57 PM, NucknAsia said:

Apparently it came out today that the following was offered by the Rangers. (Sat Shah was the source on twitter I believe)

Miller to NYR

Nils Lundqvuist, Filip Chytil, and a first rounder

While this is an "ok" return - It clearly wasn't enough for new management and its also a type of deal that would still be available at the draft. My guess is management felt lets wait to see how some teams fair in the playoffs and that could change their minds.

The rangers may stand their ground given how well they are doing, but other teams like Florida, Pittsburgh, Toronto (not that they have much to offer), Dallas, Kings, Bruins, anyone who had early exits and wants to get over the top, may create the competitive tension to raise bids.

I can't see us not getting an equivalent deal if we wanted to move him at the draft. I do hope he's re-signed and if we are to move a center, I think Horvat should be the guy.

NYR look real good and trade with Jets for Copp 27, C/W looks great now..

Canucks will never get the trade offer with Rangers this Summer.. Rangers sign Copp 6 yrs X 5.8 million..

NYR Offer was decent ...Gone Gone now..Chytil 23, 6'3, C  is play so good and Lundqvist has not played in playoffs but has great talent..

Rangers are loaded with good prospect, team will be chasing cup for a long time..So many prospect to trade to get better.

LA Kings have lots of good prospect..

NJ Devils, Boston will be teams chasing Miller

• Like 1

I just saw a rumour that connected Kirby Dach for Carlo and Debrusk.

if they had a choice between Dach and Miller for fairly similar returns, it seems like a no brainer for Miller.  Dach is younger but not even a sure fire top six player yet.  Boston is still trying to win now with an aging guy core… not starting a rebuild.

3 hours ago, Provost said:

I just saw a rumour that connected Kirby Dach for Carlo and Debrusk.

if they had a choice between Dach and Miller for fairly similar returns, it seems like a no brainer for Miller.  Dach is younger but not even a sure fire top six player yet.  Boston is still trying to win now with an aging guy core… not starting a rebuild.

How about we do Miller for Dach?  Or Miller and Myers for Dach + 

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

NYR look real good and trade with Jets for Copp 27, C/W looks great now..

Canucks will never get the trade offer with Rangers this Summer.. Rangers sign Copp 6 yrs X 5.8 million..

NYR Offer was decent ...Gone Gone now..Chytil 23, 6'3, C  is play so good and Lundqvist has not played in playoffs but has great talent..

Rangers are loaded with good prospect, team will be chasing cup for a long time..So many prospect to trade to get better.

LA Kings have lots of good prospect..

NJ Devils, Boston will be teams chasing Miller

Whatever we get in return for Miller now is going is going to be compared to that (rumored) Rags' offer.  I just have the feeling, from what JR has been saying, that he wanted guys a bit older and more developed than Chytil.  Sadly, Chytil looks like he's developed nicely.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Provost said:

Carlo+Debrusk >> Dach

Carlo 5 yrs X   4.1 million  & Debrusk  2 yrs X 4 million = 8.1 million..... Like Carlo and Debrusk..Boston need Miller..

Don't care for prospect pool with Boston and no draft picks ..lol..lol.

Wait better teams to deal with..

LA Kings need miller also and have great prospect and picks..Grans 20, RD, 6'4 or Faber 22, RD 6'1---- Valardi 22, 6'3, C, Lemieux 25, 6'1, 220- 

2nd rounder, 2022

Hope we deal with Kings there loaded in prospects...

NJ Devils also have players to trade with..

Chicago in rebuild can't see them trading-  Dach 20, 6'3, C

• Cheers 1