The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada/CHL (2018 World Junior Team)

Rate this topic

• -DLC- changed the title to Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada/CHL (2018 World Junior Team)
1 minute ago, JM_ said:

where are you getting that info?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/juniors/article/hockey-canada-settles-lawsuit-over-sexual-assault-allegations-involving-former-world-junior-players/

Hockey Canada settles lawsuit over sexual assault allegations involving former World Junior players

Edited by Alflives
  • Thanks 3

The NHL thinks they are possibly going to take action against players:

that have not been named

or charged

even though the league has not talked to the alleged victim or seemingly to the non named players. Should make it difficult to punish players when you don't know who they are.

Star chamber.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

thats brutal. I have my doubts the NHL will do anything though. 

If I was an non involved member of that team, I'd be asking a lawyer to do what is necessary to ensure that my name is publicized as being NOT involved.

All the players are now smeared on the alleged actions of 10 of them.

I would not stand for it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

If I was an non involved member of that team, I'd be asking a lawyer to do what is necessary to ensure that my name is publicized as being NOT involved.

I’m thinking all the players (and more people around that team) know exactly who the 8 guys involved in the rape are.  

• Cheers 1

Sadly, due to a recent Supreme court of Canada ruling- they players involved could use 'extreme drunkenness" as their defence, had this gotten to court.

"Yes your honour she was drunk, an absolute wreck, but so were we- so no fault -right?

• Sad 3

59 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/junior/2017-18/world-championship/stats/team-rosters?teamid=175

• Cheers 1

Almost the entire team was comprised of current NHLers including some very high profile ones (Makar, Kyrou, Thomas, Hart)

Wonder if any of these guys were involved.

Also former Canuck Jonah Gadjovich was a member of that team. If he was involved that would be three players under Benning accused of sexual assault…

• Vintage 3