The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada/CHL (2018 World Junior Team)

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/26/2022 at 10:31 PM, DeNiro said:

Almost the entire team was comprised of current NHLers including some very high profile ones (Makar, Kyrou, Thomas, Hart)

Wonder if any of these guys were involved.

Also former Canuck Jonah Gadjovich was a member of that team. If he was involved that would be three players under Benning accused of sexual assault…

In case this hasn't been brought up where I haven't seen yet, Gadj is one of the players who said he had no idea this had happened, even indirect involvement.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

In case this hasn't been brought up where I haven't seen yet, Gadj is one of the players who said he had no idea this had happened, even indirect involvement.  

And didn’t Makar say he was in a different city? He wasn’t even there. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And didn’t Makar say he was in a different city? He wasn’t even there. 

Glad this "report" is going to be reviewed by the league.   Hope the league makes an example, that Hockey Canada failed miserably in doing.   Normally you go to jail, and rightly so.    

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I wouldn't expect too much out of it.  If anything, they'll see what they can cover up, and if they can't, they'll try to figure out what to mitigate, and those that they can't mitigate, they'll try to find ways to avoid liability or association, and if that fails, and only if everything else fails, will they feel the need to take "action", until they feel nobody's looking and then start the cycle again until everything is comfortably back under the rug.  :rolleyes:

Not entirely unlike this:

Hide contents

Flowchart: Is it f*cked up? What to do, if so. | Boing Boing

or this:

Hide contents

Flowchart: Is it f*cked up? What to do, if so. | Boing Boing

Maybe you're right.   But it doesn't seem "right".   For me, if they were publicly named, that would be enough.   In todays society that's probably a worse punishment then going to get 3 square meals a day for awhile.  

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

They will avoid naming names to the fullest extent of their ability, and then some.  The last thing the league wants is a lawsuit for defamation filed against it; it's part of the reason why HC, the police, and the victim haven't outed the names of those involved (or implicated as being involved) even to this day.  Plus doing so won't earn the league any goodwill or $$$, and at the end of the day, the league (as a corporate entity) is all about $$$ and brand image.

It's not right.  But it's the reality of the corporation-driven world we live  in

Don't disagree.   But these things have a way of coming out regardless.   The league would be smart to get ahead of it.   But I suppose that's up to the actuaries and money crunchers to figure out. 

This was an unforgivable act.   One of these guys might crack.   And for sure someone in the hotel might have video as well.   Once it's out - it's out.   It also bugs me that entitlement and money buys and sweeps these things under the rug.   But for sure i'm not ignorant to what the rich and famous think of the rest of us pawns, and i'm not talking about athlete rich either. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Upvote 1