The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Was it a distinct kicking motion?

Rate this topic

Battle of Alberta game 5  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes.  F the Lames.  Makes me happy to see the Loser Cowgary fans suffer.

Next week I will enjoy watching the Loser Soiler fans suffer as their crap team gets destroyed by the Avs. 

Only Canadian to cheer for is us.  Screw the rest.  Hate em. 

yeah, but the blues might have sth to say about that, I'm not so sure they'll just roll over and die, not after their gutsy win in game 5.

Spoiler

Out of the many views shown on numerous replays, yes one view shows a distinct kicking motion. That didn't lose them the game or the series though, they did that by not wanting it as much as Edmonton... Living in Calgary all I will hear is how it was a goal and ref F*&!ed Calgary again just like 04... This city doesn't let go easy lol

• Haha 1

I was rooting for the Oilers but I still think that Calgary got screwed.  The way I saw it was that he apparently did try to direct the puck into the net with his skate but since his skate didn't look like it left the ice, it is hard to call it a "distinct kicking motion".  Even though the rule seems to be clear, the interpretation leaves some grey area.  The irony is that it looked like the puck was going in anyway and it would have been a good goal if he hadn't tried to direct it in with his skate.  Anyway, next.  Is this the year of a Canadian Stanley Cup?  

Wait I'm legitimately curious.  What are people seeing that makes them believe that wasn't a distinct kicking motion.  The rulebook wording is: A “distinct kicking motion,” for purposes of Video Review, is one where the video makes clear that an attacking Player has deliberately propelled the puck with a kick of his foot or skate and the puck subsequently enters the net. 

No?  This one seemed easy to me lol.

I don't know that it was "distinct" and directing a puck in is ok.

A puck that is directed into the net by an attacking Players’ skate shall also be ruled a GOAL, as long as no “distinct kicking motion” is evident. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Wait I'm legitimately curious.  What are people seeing that makes them believe that wasn't a distinct kicking motion.  The rulebook wording is: A “distinct kicking motion,” for purposes of Video Review, is one where the video makes clear that an attacking Player has deliberately propelled the puck with a kick of his foot or skate and the puck subsequently enters the net. 

No?  This one seemed easy to me lol.

If there was someone standing there instead of a puck would you say he "kicked" them? 

Remember the word "distinct" is part of the rule.

• Like 2