The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Avalanche win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Well nuge would be an okay 2c. Would have more depth on the wing for him. I hate poolparty and yams. Just the faces they make when the camera pans to them really rustle my jimmies lmao

That he would, but built as they are they're far too top heavy and overly reliant on their offense to outscore their roster issues 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That he would, but built as they are they're far too top heavy and overly reliant on their offense to outscore their roster issues 

Holland doesn't have a clue anyways, They will just add to issues they have rather than fix em lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Even if he manages to win even one cup he'll never have the legacy Sid will leave behind. He's legitimately in the conversation for top 5 all-time imo. 

Man, if Edmonton offered up Draisaitl to us I'm not sure there's anyone not named Hughes I wouldn't trade for him. And if they were both the same age and at the levels they are now, it'd be a tough choice. He's that good. He blows every forward we've got on our team out of the water and it's not close. 

If Edmonton had any sense that's exactly what they'd do, McDavid is an offensive dynamo but they sacrifice so much depth to have him on their roster. They'd be better off with Draisaitl and even an average 2C behind him. 

I'd definitely have a chat first and see if he's willing to act like a professional off the ice and cut out the diving and spearing guys in the balls. If he fixes his character issues once he's on a men's team, maybe.  Until then, let's not give up a ton for a locker room cancer.

Edited by King Heffy

29 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd definitely have a chart first and see if he's willing to act like a professional off the ice and cut out the diving and spearing guys in the balls. If he fixes his character issues once he's on a men's team, maybe.  Until then, let's not give up a ton for a locker room cancer.

The balls thing is weird and he needs to cut it out, but I wouldn't call him a cancer. He works hard at both ends of the ice, put up a helluva playoff on one leg, and has put up three hundred point seasons over the last four, and that one that wasn't a hundred points was 84 points in 56 games during a shortened season. 

This past season he was third in faceoffs won too. Now, I'm not an Oilers fan, but I've no qualms with acknowledging that he's one of the best in the world. If he'd done what he's done in Edmonton in Vancouver instead there'd be a church of Draisaitl. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If he wants to come here for a hometown discount I think we should look at it.

Let the twins work out with him, the grind, run and bike. then Miller talk with him on the ice.

Canucks' Rutherford: Re-signing J.T. Miller is the goal - Vancouver Is  Awesome

This would be the talk on the ice.  No words, just this look.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Oh you know Kane is as good as gone with this statement today. Doesn’t anywhere say he wants to stay. Always chasing those dollars 

Well I would imagine he thinks he has a pretty good shot at winning his arbitration, which he does.

If that’s the case there’s a very good chance San Jose will be given the option to retain his rights and look for a trading partner.

So in the end Kane may not have any say in where he ends up.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well I would imagine he thinks he has a pretty good shot at winning his arbitration, which he does.

If that’s the case there’s a very good chance San Jose will be given the option to retain his rights and look for a trading partner.

So in the end Kane may not have any say in where he ends up.

EDM only has 7 mil in cap space for next year with 6 roster spots to fill, and thats if Smith isn't retiring. Kane got what he wanted, a chance to bump up his stats for his next deal. 

I think Philly will go after him, he'd fit their culture. 

• Cheers 1

Let's be honest. Signing Kane to any contract that consists of more than 1 year is a huge risk. You think the Kane we saw this year who is getting along with people is the usual Kane?

Heck no. He is playing nice this year so he can go back to making millions and being the douche he is. The team will be making a colossal mistake for signing Kane anywhere more than 1 year.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 6/8/2022 at 10:23 AM, Coconuts said:

Even if he manages to win even one cup he'll never have the legacy Sid will leave behind. He's legitimately in the conversation for top 5 all-time imo. 

Man, if Edmonton offered up Draisaitl to us I'm not sure there's anyone not named Hughes I wouldn't trade for him. And if they were both the same age and at the levels they are now, it'd be a tough choice. He's that good. He blows every forward we've got on our team out of the water and it's not close. 

If Edmonton had any sense that's exactly what they'd do, McDavid is an offensive dynamo but they sacrifice so much depth to have him on their roster. They'd be better off with Draisaitl and even an average 2C behind him. 

Uh  if edmonton offered drai for Hughes anyone with half a brain would be driving hughes to the airport.

5 hours ago, runtzguy said:

Let's be honest. Signing Kane to any contract that consists of more than 1 year is a huge risk. You think the Kane we saw this year who is getting along with people is the usual Kane?

Heck no. He is playing nice this year so he can go back to making millions and being the douche he is. The team will be making a colossal mistake for signing Kane anywhere more than 1 year.

Yuppers.  Its hilarious how fast ppl forget what a cancer kane is.

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Uh  if edmonton offered drai for Hughes anyone with half a brain would be driving hughes to the airport.

Hughes is the most dynamic D this franchise has ever had, we have nobody else on the back end who can do what he does and we're not likely to get that via UFA. If you see it the other way, cool, but my preference for Hughes doesn't mean I lack anything. :huh:

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Hughes is the most dynamic D this franchise has ever had, we have nobody else on the back end who can do what he does and we're not likely to get that via UFA. If you see it the other way, cool, but my preference for Hughes doesn't mean I lack anything. :huh:

Hughes' big advantage is being four years younger.  He's great but Draisaitl is a Hart and Art Ross winner.  Hughes I think will probably be a Norris finalist a few times.

Hughes is an exceptionally rare talent but I would say Draisaitl is even a bit more rare.  Either way, neither is really replaceable.  The Oilers are just lucky as hell they get so many top draft picks that they can fart away picks on Yakupov and Puljujarvi, and even trade away picks like Hall that do work out for nothing...and still end up with enough ridiculous top draft picks to have two more Hart and Art Ross winners and additional first overall picks in the lineup.

Anyway I think they're both going into the Hall of Fame but Draisaitl is probably already there if he retires tomorrow.

The Canucks get killed by blowing ~6th overall picks on Juolevi and Virtanen.  Meanwhile the Oilers can completely tank first overall and top three picks in perpetuity and not even feel it.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

28 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Hughes' big advantage is being four years younger.  He's great but Draisaitl is a Hart and Art Ross winner.  Hughes I think will probably be a Norris finalist a few times.

Hughes is an exceptionally rare talent but I would say Draisaitl is even a bit more rare.  Either way, neither is really replaceable.  The Oilers are just lucky as hell they get so many top draft picks that they can fart away picks on Yakupov and Puljujarvi, and even trade away picks like Hall that do work out for nothing...and still end up with enough ridiculous top draft picks to have two more Hart and Art Ross winners and additional first overall picks in the lineup.

Anyway I think they're both going into the Hall of Fame but Draisaitl is probably already there if he retires tomorrow.

The Canucks get killed by blowing ~6th overall picks on Juolevi and Virtanen.  Meanwhile the Oilers can completely tank first overall and top three picks in perpetuity and not even feel it.

Yup, Draisaitl will be 27 come October, if they were both about to turn 23 it'd certainly be tougher. Hughes has youth on his side, and he should continue to maintain his current level or improve. If this team was closer to contending and the Oil offered Draisaitl straight up for Hughes that'd also be a different story, but we're a ways out from contending imo. 

Yup, Oil benefitted from some lottery luck and the old draft system, we got shafted and Virtanen and Juolevi not working out were setbacks. 

I'm sure this has been pointed out since this is a thread about the Edmonton/Colorado series. Not if Edmonton sign Kane or not. Edmonton has bigger problems than Kane.

The Edmonton series exposed the level that all teams in the Pacific Division need to be. 

Focusing on Edmonton they ended the season with the same dilutions they started the season with.

A) Mike Smith in goal.

B ) Duncan Keith on the back end, lol, Colorado made him look particularly slow and ineffective, just like his last few years in Chicago.

C) A better supporting cast for their two top players.

* note- Zach Kassian, talented but simply not smart. Not a game changer nor game breaker... just inert.

So Edmonton exposes Calgary as slow coupled with age and poor goaltending in their well earned series win but also get their a$$es kicked by Colorado. 

First of all the best part for me is enjoying the Edmonton sweep. I'm not so sure next season looks so great for either Calgary or Edmonton. 

The team its starting to look better for is Vancouver. 

Better goaltending and far better management now. Vegas will be far better I expect too but this was shoot everything season for both Calgary and Edmonton.