The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[WCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Avalanche win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

9 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Oilers will be lucky to win a single game.  Colorado has better top players, depth, defence, goaltending, coaching, and leadership.  Edmonton is going to get exposed playing against an actual NHL team.

LA gave Edmonton a scare, Colorado is going to crush them. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

who Does Kadri destroy this series?  

It's no secret I don't like him (ever since the throat slash).

I feel like he had something to prove in St. Louis and.... did. He was fired up. But he also can be pretty inconsistent and if his ego/pride isn't driving things, he can lose a bit of his edge. I hate the stuff that was directed at him....repulsive. No place for that anywhere, let alone in hockey. So, in the end, I was glad to see St. Louis ousted. But I still can't stand him and won't apologize for that.

image.png

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

This should be quick and painless. Avs in five. Smith is going to get lit up, like it’s Christmas. 

was going to post something very similar. 

If Edmonton wins, that would be a meltdown for the ages for the AV's.

Kuemper has not been great. But 2.50 GAA and 0.904 Save %. But he seems way more steady than Smith.

Smith is all over the map. Going from 0.700% save percentage to 0.970% in the same series!

• Cheers 2

I picked Avs in 6.

At the same time Edmonton's top line has the potential to be historically dominant.  Yes,Tanev was hurt, but they made Calgary look inept in their own end and that was one of Calgary's strengths in the regular season.  The issue might not be Kuemper vs Smith.   (advantage Kuemper)  Its the fact that usually Markstrom is better than Kuemper and Edmonton tore Marky apart.  

Either way, this should be a high event series that could be really fun to watch.  

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Excited to see if McDavid can continue his historic playoff run, but I'd bet on the Avs winning.

I doubt it, he's due for some regression and is facing a Norris calibre D for the first time in the playoffs. 

He's so far faced a Doughty-less Kings and a Tanev-less Flames for most of the series. 

Mack has been quiet and is just warming up. Avs in 5.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

I doubt it, he's due for some regression and is facing a Norris calibre D for the first time in the playoffs. 

He's so far faced a Doughty-less Kings and a Tanev-less Flames for most of the series. 

Mack has been quiet and is just warming up. Avs in 5.

Yeah, Toews will be tougher for him to deal with than what he has so far. I think the deciding factor could be if either netminder gets hot.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Yeah, Toews will be tougher for him to deal with than what he has so far. I think the deciding factor could be if either netminder gets hot.

Way faster forwards on Avs.  McDavid will have a D in front and a very fast guy providing back pressure.  His options will be to move the puck or turn it over.    Draisatl, because of his on the puck strength/reach will be the more effective Oiler this series.  

The trouble with those two guys is they are awful defensively.  Avs will score a lot while those two are on the ice.  Both will be big minus players in this four game Avs’ sweeperoo.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Way faster forwards on Avs.  McDavid will have a D in front and a very fast guy providing back pressure.  His options will be to move the puck or turn it over.    Draisatl, because of his on the puck strength/reach will be the more effective Oiler this series.  

The trouble with those two guys is they are awful defensively.  Avs will score a lot while those two are on the ice.  Both will be big minus players in this four game Avs’ sweeperoo.  

On the contrary, Draisaitl is an excellent defensive forward who is used regularly on the PK for the Oilers. He finished 13th in Selke voting for both of the past two years. Just because a guy puts up tons of points, doesn't mean he can't play defense.

Even still, I think the Avs are just a more well-rounded team and will win in 6. McDavid and Draisaitl will be good enough to earn them two wins.

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

On the contrary, Draisaitl is an excellent defensive forward who is used regularly on the PK for the Oilers. He finished 13th in Selke voting for both of the past two years. Just because a guy puts up tons of points, doesn't mean he can't play defense.

Even still, I think the Avs are just a more well-rounded team and will win in 6. McDavid and Draisaitl will be good enough to earn them two wins.

I like Draisatl, but he’s not a good player off the puck.