The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks enhance player development department

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

What were we not doing before?  

Making the playoffs. That's something we were not doing before.

After 8 years of "we're doing nothing and we're all out of ideas", I'm stoked to see 'something different'. Whether it works or not... remains to be seen. But doing exactly what we were doing got us nowhere, so the shakeup is worth it. What's the worst that could happen? We don't make the playoffs?

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I hope the twins understand we are not all created equally and they have a unique aerobic capacity.  Guys can train their guts out and be as lean as possible and never come close to the twin's level.

Alf my guy... You need to stop undermining all these guys who live and breathe hockey. You are just a forum poster.. Do you honestly believe you can think of things they cannot?

• Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, IRR said:

Why are you so extremely concerned about so many aspects of this team right now when nothing has even happed and there’s no indication you should be concerned about each of these things. Always worrying about “what ifs” in life get you nowhere fast! 

weird that you pick that comment to comment on. Alf is good for one solid comment per week and you are ripping him for it.

haha

18 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Alf my guy... You need to stop undermining all these guys who live and breathe hockey. You are just a forum poster.. Do you honestly believe you can think of things they cannot?

that is the same argument used to defend JB and TG 

• Like 1

Ah, the Green Men ^^^, those were good times.  Damn 2011 was exciting. 

Looking at the management team that's being assembled, it's an impressive list of hockey minds.

Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Higgins and Samuelsson all played on the 2011 team, Johnson was in VAN the season before 

Rutherford, Granato and Smyl are hockey legends

I believe there will be more good times ahead

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ah, the Green Men ^^^, those were good times.  Damn 2011 was exciting. 

Looking at the management team that's being assembled, it's an impressive list of hockey minds.

Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Higgins and Samuelsson all played on the 2011 team, Johnson was in VAN the season before 

Rutherford, Granato and Smyl are hockey legends

I believe there will be more good times ahead

Moving in silence to avenge the heartbreak of 2011? I like it :ph34r:B)

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

not false

true

You can move on you know? Rent free JB strikes again!

We have a hall of fame president and one of the most experienced & winning % wise coaches out there.. it seems funny to me people still have no trust in that level of hockey minds. Worried over things that would be common sense to them.

But yes Jim Benning and Co has everything to do with that:huh:

Edited by Mustard Tiger

6 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Spending ++++++$ on player development.

That's not true.. and you don't have to spend bigtime money on it. 

Lots of quality coaching out there to be had for reasonable. The supply far out weighs the demand and guys out of work because of it. So in the end JR and AL already got this by being in the business as long as they have and I'm sure they know more than their share of people for the job who work for reasonable $