The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[trade proposal] Pierre-Luc Dubois

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, peeps really underestimating PLD.  He's just 23yrs and learning the NHL power forward game.  Jackets messed

up his early development years, but he is coming on now.  28goals  60pts  106PIMs.  He will be a better

player than JT by the time he's 26.

Can't see any reason for JT to sign in Winnipeg.

me neither, just saying that would be the minimum price from our end. Its not happening. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I just can't see WPG giving him up for less, given they traded Laine for him. 

I get the feeling that he wont want to be part of a rebuild, just a gut feeling. And for this reason could be cheaper

but the more i think about it, i could see montreal overpaying to get him if he us available

5 minutes ago, Wanless said:

I get the feeling that he wont want to be part of a rebuild, just a gut feeling. And for this reason could be cheaper

but the more i think about it, i could see montreal overpaying to get him if he us available

Montreal stuns the crowd and trades 1st oa for PLD?

4 hours ago, Wanless said:

With chatter of contract talks between Dubois and the jets slowing and his age being perfect to fit with the core is there a combination of players that could be given up for him?

Because the jets would be losing a significant piece of their future and part of their current roster they would likely want a young roster player in return to try to push one or two more playoffs before they start to age out and need to rebuild

Players I think they would be interested in could be

Garland + Pearson

Boeser + 3rd

Miller

I personally would like to see Boeser and a third as i think that is the best value for the Canucks and the jets get a youngish player in return

Garland and Pearson would give the jets 2 roster players and i think would give them the depth they need to push for the playoffs. I think this is an over payment because Garlands contract is quite reasonable but Pearson would have to go to make room to sign both Boeser and Dubois as they would likely be 6.25 and 6.75. Jets get a player in his prime and a seasoned vet who is very reliable

Miller would be the best now player for the jets as he could push them over the top for a deep run, canucks only do this if they think Petey can be a true number 1 center. 

what are your thoughts on both value and the player potentially involved?

Jets would be crazy to trade Debios 24, 6'3, 220, C, powerful, bright future, plays tough..Centres are hard to trade for??

1.Petey 23 2. Horvat 27so we have a very good #1 and #2  centre..

Miller will be traded for good young package with picks..

Debois will be a Jet for 7yrs X 7.8 million before August...This is the type of big centre you build around not trade him for Miller 29 or Boeser 25 winger...

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe if the Jets traded Sheifele, which is possible seeing as they're at odds, I believe. It would open up a space for Miller. Then they'd have Miller-Dubois down the middle.

Could there be a Miller for Scheifele and a 2nd trade possibility?

Both players are 29 years old? We need to get younger? If trading Miller it will be for young RD under 24, roster player top 7 under 26, Draft pick , top prospect..,,

By moving will we avoid big contract 7 yrs X 8.5-- We get younger and have cap space and prospect for future..

8 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Jets would be crazy to trade Debios 24, 6'3, 220, C, powerful, bright future, plays tough..Centres are hard to trade for??

Debois will be a Jet for 7yrs X 7.8 million before August...This is the type of big centre you build around not trade him for Miller 29 or Boeser 25 winger...

Jets have been using him as a winger more than center 

11 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Agreed.

I wonder what it would take to get the Oinkster out of the Pig?  Garland for Oinker?  

22 minutes ago, Wanless said:

Their first and second for PLD and jets first??

He fits the age range. But until Montreal knows what’s happening with Price they don’t have the cap flexibility to do so ethical g like that. PLD is an RFA and he’s due for a raise.   Montreal will make the pick and hopefully get a great player. 

55 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He fits the age range. But until Montreal knows what’s happening with Price they don’t have the cap flexibility to do so ethical g like that. PLD is an RFA and he’s due for a raise.   Montreal will make the pick and hopefully get a great player. 

I just looked at their cap situation. I knew the had issues but they are a mess for at least 4 more years

15 minutes ago, Wanless said:

I just looked at their cap situation. I knew the had issues but they are a mess for at least 4 more years

Weber will be on LTIR. So it’s not quite as dire as it looks.  (And from the sounds of it they’ll likely unload his contract this summer.  Price’s situation needs done clarity.  If he ends up being on LTIR for the remainder of his contract that clears up another $10+M in cap. (Minus whatever they spend on a replacement  starter). 

it looks bad right now but it could all be resolved as soon as this summer. It comes down to Price 

4 hours ago, Wanless said:

Dubois hasnt lived up to expectations. If you do a but of digging he was supposed to be a first line center

his points per game is a sniff above .8 and Boesers just under .8 both have had tough seasons and both play the wing

PLD would be brought on as a left winger who can also play center, much like how he is deployed with the Jets not as a 3rd line center

a third might be too little, a second might be the price but by no means is he out of reach with Boeser as the main piece. Both RFA both seeking 6.5-7.5 range 

you suggested Garland + pearson, then Boeser + 3rd, then Miller

would u trade Miller for Garland and pearson? no

would you trade Miller for Boeser + 3rd? no

would you trade miller for garland pearson and a 1st? no

would u trade Miller for Boeser + 1st? no toss in a 2nd and a 3rd? still no

Winnipeg might do PLD for Miller or maybe add a bit on either side in terms of value.. but they probably also see Miller have 0 chance of re-signing in Winnipeg.. seriously they are prolly on the down swing and no one wants to live in Winnipeg.. especially for the rest of his career pretty much..

so yes you are way off in terms of value.

28 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

you suggested Garland + pearson, then Boeser + 3rd, then Miller

would u trade Miller for Garland and pearson? no

would you trade Miller for Boeser + 3rd? no

would you trade miller for garland pearson and a 1st? no

would u trade Miller for Boeser + 1st? no toss in a 2nd and a 3rd? still no

Winnipeg might do PLD for Miller or maybe add a bit on either side in terms of value.. but they probably also see Miller have 0 chance of re-signing in Winnipeg.. seriously they are prolly on the down swing and no one wants to live in Winnipeg.. especially for the rest of his career pretty much..

so yes you are way off in terms of value.

Well when you put it that way!

• Haha 1