The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juice to retire as a Canuck?

Rate this topic

NucksinNorway

9 minutes ago, Grinder_1 said:

Glad I wasn’t the only one who thought Hansen should be hired to work for the Canucks in some capacity. 

I loved his segments on 650, he really broke things down and was critical when it called for it. I agree as well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

That would be a nice gesture.

What about Jannik Hansen though? Are we gonna get this guy back in the organization or what??

Every time I listen to him I’m impressed with how well he understands the game and is very blunt in what the Canucks needs are. He would be a good voice to have in the room IMO.

A little bit of Jannik Hansen?

Edit: Dammit hammertime beat me to it

Edited by arsenalian
  • Haha 2

Same could be done for a lot of guys, I think Burrows in particular, although he's basically part of another organisation now. Funny how Bieksa left compared to Kesler, Burrows, Edler, the twins and Hansen, and how they'll all be remembered slightly differently.

Some are legends, Kesler is almost viewed as a villain by some and Edler is almost forgotten about despite being arguably the franchise's best ever all time defenceman.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Thats the thing though we need those kind of voices inside the room so they can actually be heard.

No more yes men (and women) and country club attitudes. You don’t get anywhere doing that.

I’m a pretty big Canucks homer and even I can’t argue with most of his takes. He seems to follow the team very closely and draws from his own experience to analyze the team.

Would love to see him in a player development role to start. Not many players have a better idea of what it takes than a guy drafted from a non traditional hockey country in the 9th round. He had to work for everything he got.

This.... Spot on @DeNiro

He had to work for everything... Just like Burrows and Juice

A true workhorse, despite neither being the most gifted or strongest they all made it.

He'll know, what it takes to get, where the players wants to be...

16 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've personally never cared too much about the sentimental one-day contracts to retire with a team. It's a nice gesture, but it's not like they truly retired after playing for that team.

Absolutely. It's Disney movie crap.

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

What about Jannik Hansen though? Are we gonna get this guy back in the organization or what??

Every time I listen to him I’m impressed with how well he understands the game and is very blunt in what the Canucks needs are. He would be a good voice to have in the room IMO.

He should be part of the player development team.  If any player knows what it takes to work your way to a solid NHL career, it's a 9th round 287th OA draft pick.

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

While I absolutely love Jannik Hansen, he had some takes this year that were waaaaaaaaay off. I listen to 650 a lot and he actually thought when our pk was the absolute worst in history that it was the players fault not the strategy. He said the pk wouldn't improve because we didn't have the personnel. I kind of laughed because that's always the tale of a one dimensional player no ability to adjust. When walker and Co. Took over the pk they changed the strategy and our pk got significantly better. Also did he not remember Tyler Motte was on our team?

Other than that I really like his segments.