The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Mike Yeo possibly joining the Canucks as an assistant coach?

Rate this topic

Muttley

My first impression is: I've seen too many highlights of Yeo on the bench as a losing coach. Just can't see the guy celebrating anything hockey-wise.

But hey, Bruce is still the boss.  He made the players better, maybe he can make Yeo better too 

Edited by NUCKER67

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

He does have a .588 winning percentage but the opposite in the playoffs - like Boudreau.  Maybe with Demko, they're luck in the playoffs might change ?

Better win percentage than Green...

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Better win percentage than Green...

Yeah, the Green coaching era was a real mess - that he got a (baffling) extension.  Not sure, if JB was just clueless or just ready to move on but his era, sure did create a lot of discussion points when compared to the current regime. I still think JB, will not be unemployed too long cause as an assistant he can still be an asset to a front office.  Moving on and if Yeo is Walkers' replacement, then I hope his tenure will be a success 

Hopefully, Aquaman had learned his lesson(s) to not meddle in something he has no business being in - hockey ops.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

He had some success then really struggled with good teams around the league - a bit like Green, so no thanks. Don't really want him anywhere near the organization when there's so many good hockey names out there.

If Rick wants to come back as an assistant coach you have to snap him up but that'd be a big drop off for him, but he might enjoy working alongside Bruce.

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He had some success then really struggled with good teams around the league - a bit like Green, so no thanks. Don't really want him anywhere near the organization when there's so many good hockey names out there.

If Rick wants to come back as an assistant coach you have to snap him up but that'd be a big drop off for him, but he might enjoy working alongside Bruce.

Good chance, he is coming based on his connection with Allvin - but who knows..