The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal islanders

They'd want Miller, we'd want Dobson. They wouldn't want to give up Dobson. They don't really have other pieces we'd want.

There's "potentially" a move there if they're desperate. But otherwise, it's unlikely to happen.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

They'd want Miller, we'd want Dobson. They wouldn't want to give up Dobson. They don't really have other pieces we'd want.

There's "potentially" a move there if they're desperate. But otherwise, it's unlikely to happen.

I would even do miller for Dobson him or Carlo is partner we need for hughes which is our problem there wingers are weak 

57 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Ya because they had great success with there receipt last year 

They had a bad year but were second best team in East for the two years before that. 
If they want to give us a D and C for a couple wingers I am all for it but they are not giving up Dobson. We can want him as much as we do, he is a piece they will build around, not give up for a quick fix. 
We wouldn’t give away Q for a quick fix now that Benning is gone. 

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Teams love trading elite D and centres for wingers.  
It is a recipe for great success:wacko:

59 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Ya because they had great success with there recipe last year 

Sorry Scotty but the ball-scratcher is right...teams do not trade elite d-men very often. We need to D&D our own. And this draft has 5 of them (RHD's) in the first round.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

I would even do miller for Dobson him or Carlo is partner we need for hughes which is our problem there wingers are weak 

Of course you would, so would I. Problem being it's unlikely they give up Dobson for Miller.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Of course you would, so would I. Problem being it's unlikely they give up Dobson for Miller.

Considering he’s rfa and they just locked up poluck to huge deal and Pelech are they willing to pay 3 defense around 18 mil for team that struggles to score I don’t think it’s as far off as you guys think just seems odd they locked up poluck and pelech before him and soon could be had for offersheet

Edited by Scottydzik

3 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Considering he’s rfa and they just locked up poluck to huge deal and Pelech are they willing to pay 3 defense around 18 mil for team that struggles to score I don’t think it’s as far off as you guys think just seems odd they locked up poluck and pelech before him and soon could be had for offersheet

Pretty sure they match (and IIRC have more cap space than we do).

Look, I'd LOVE to add Dobson, it's just not very likely, unless they're way more desperate to upgrade their F's than they likely are.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Pretty sure they match (and IIRC have more cap space than we do).

Look, I'd LOVE to add Dobson, it's just not very likely, unless they're way more desperate to upgrade their F's than they likely are.

It shows 12 mil to me with Dobson taking up 6 mil so they have 6 mil to fill out that d and get “scoring” they want 

6 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

It shows 12 mil to me with Dobson taking up 6 mil so they have 6 mil to fill out that d and get “scoring” they want 

That D didn't really need a lot of "filling out ":lol: