The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Nils Aman

Allvin only mentioned "speed and strong work ethic"... but what about NHL level skills?? still kinda suspect? LOL.... anyhow, he can't be much worse than Lammikko... and would be sweet to see both Aman and Karlsson make the team... especially if we don't land Kuzmenko! but we will.... trust me!!! 

16 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Allvin only mentioned "speed and strong work ethic"... but what about NHL level skills?? still kinda suspect? LOL.... anyhow, he can't be much worse than Lammikko... and would be sweet to see both Aman and Karlsson make the team... especially if we don't land Kuzmenko! but we will.... trust me!!! 

You have 50 contracts, not all 50 will be NHL players. Depth at all levels is important. Better to take a no risk chance on a guy like this than a 25ish yo career AHL'r as you know they have no room to improve really

23 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Nice. I'd rather see guys like this taking up prime ice time rather than the likes of already peaked petan ect in Abby. Lots of room to grow into a quality bottom 6 role as well. 

Yup, THESE are exactly the type of guys you want filling out your AHL lineup with (besides your prospects), instead of "established AHL'ers". Guys who still may still develop in to cheap, depth/role NHL players.

Like I said last page, this is exactly the types of guys our management would sign in PIT, to do just that.

• Cheers 1