The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Buyers Pov of some Rumors

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

@CanucksCountry do you really think Dobson is worth 4 1sts in offer sheet compensation?

It would actually be 2 firsts, 1 second and a third.

8.2 million flat and its a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd.

Do I think at 22, Dobson is worth that?

Yes, I do!

We're moving into a status of being at least a playoff team which means that we would be starting to pick in the 17 - 25 range. The chances of getting a impact player with Dobson's potential as a RD in that position diminish greatly.

Now, the BIG question is, would the Islanders match an 8.2 million offer sheet on Dobson?

Yes, I think they would. I don't believe they would let him walk for that. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

This sets us up pretty well for now and into the future.  Two 1sts, 2nd, 3rd for Dobson I would do given his perfect fit for us, but not any more than that.  I would also try and snag high risk high reward Elias Salomonsson with the 31st overall we would get to strengthen the pipeline on RD.

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

It would actually be 2 firsts, 1 second and a third.

8.2 million flat and its a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd.

Do I think at 22, Dobson is worth that?

Yes, I do!

We're moving into a status of being at least a playoff team which means that we would be starting to pick in the 17 - 25 range. The chances of getting a impact player with Dobson's potential as a RD in that position diminish greatly.

Now, the BIG question is, would the Islanders match an 8.2 million offer sheet on Dobson?

Yes, I think they would. I don't believe they would let him walk for that. 

ah, I thought that would be kicked up to the highest category, I was lazy and didn't check.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, JM_ said:

ah, I thought that would be kicked up to the highest category, I was lazy and didn't check.

No worries.

Personally, I think that NYI would be pretty happy to have Dobson on an 8 year x 9 million within a couple of years. The opportunity to lock him up at 8.2 for term, it's a little steep for next year, but I think they would realize that he would quickly grow into it and past it and it would become really good value for them.

Not sure who fans think teams that are building to be a winner are just going to magically let guys walk. NYI aren't really in a cap problem.

Personally, here's what I'd rather do:

First, I believe that OEL said flat out NO to the idea of being traded out of Vancouver, so...

Trade Myers with up to 1 million retained, we might not even have to do that with the premium on RD right now

Take a run at Subban or Letang on 3 or 4 year contracts

Sign Zadorov to make up for the lost size and toughness of Myers

Trade Poolman for a pick when he's healthy.

Would consider an offer sheet on Kylington, I believe he plays both sides.

Right side would become:

Subban or Letang

Zadorov

Schenn

Keeper

Burroughs plays both sides

Dermott plays both sides

This isn't necessarily a longer term solution, we need to draft heavily on the right side when the opportunity presents itself. 

I'm hoping that we're going to throw a contract at Persson as I think he has potential if we develop him for a couple of years in Abbotsford. I think his deficiencies are fixable. 

Edited by VegasCanuck

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

No worries.

Personally, I think that NYI would be pretty happy to have Dobson on an 8 year x 9 million within a couple of years. The opportunity to lock him up at 8.2 for term, it's a little steep for next year, but I think they would realize that he would quickly grow into it and past it and it would become really good value for them.

Not sure who fans think teams that are building to be a winner are just going to magically let guys walk. NYI aren't really in a cap problem.

First, I believe that OEL said flat out NO to the idea of being traded out of Vancouver, so...

Trade Myers with up to 1 million retained, we might not even have to do that with the premium on RD right now

Right side would become:

Subban or Letang

Zadorov

Schenn

Keeper

Dermott plays both sides

NYI would match that for sure.

I'd be interested in Zadorov for the intimidation factor for sure. 

I wonder if PK has any game left? 

23 minutes ago, JM_ said:

NYI would match that for sure.

I'd be interested in Zadorov for the intimidation factor for sure. 

I wonder if PK has any game left? 

I think PK is diminishing, but he's good leadership wise and would stabilize our right side for a couple of years. Would prefer Letang though if we could convince him to come here and finish his career.

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, CanucksCountry said:

With many team's seasons over we have more of a picture where teams are heading. I believe Vancouver should be buyers with where our team is and some of the names on the market.

Draft day trades

To Vancouver: Brandon Carlo, Boston 2022 2nd round pick (54 Overall) 

To Boston: Vancouver 2022 1st Round pick (15 overall) 

Why Does Vancouver make this trade? I know our prospect pool is a little baron right now but by moving down to 39 spots allows us to finally have a young 2 way RHD that this team desperately needs, at 15 there really isn't anyone available that would take this team over the top and i believe adding Carlo is just want we need 

Why Does Boston make this trade? Boston is likely going to be rebuilding with Bergeron likely retiring and Pastrnak wanting out. Boston will have to go in a different direction and get younger, Adding a top 15 pick to a bare system with no youth outside of Lysell in sight,  being able trade out from an organizational strength is a huge win for them and is a nice way to kick of the rebuild.

To Vancouver: Dallas 2022 3rd round pick (83 overall) 

To Dallas: Tyler Myers 

Why Does Vancouver make this trade? Vancouver is able to move Myers now due to the Carlo trade. Which with moving Myers increases our cap space

Why Does Dallas make this trade? Dallas will be in search for Offensive minded RHD after Klingberg walks in this offseason. Myers will have some value this offseason to a team like Dallas which will fetch a mid round pick to help a Need with Dallas 

To Vancouver: Calgary 2023 4th round pick 

To Calgary: Jason Dickinson 

Why Does Vancouver make this trade? Vancouver is able to clear some more cap space for a good player who hasn't fit here

Why Does Calgary make this trade? Calgary need's help in their bottom 6 with their Defensive Forwards they are able to pick one up cheap who had great defensive numbers before coming to Vancouver who seems like the type of player that would shine under Darryl Sutter

To Vancouver:  Colorado 2022 1st round pick (31 Overall) 

To Arizona: Boston 2022 2nd round pick (54 overall), Dallas 2022 3rd round pick (83 Overall) 

Why Does Vancouver make this trade? Vancouver moves up to the late first round to help get some prospects into our system 

Why Does Arizona make this trade? by trading their latest pick in the  1st round the coyotes add another 2nd and 3rd to have more bullets in the chamber for the draft.

Free agency 

UFA: Ilya Mikheyev 1m x 3yrs

Andrei Kuzmenko 925,000 x 1yr

RFA: Noah Dobson $8,402,974 x 5yrs 

Why the islanders don't match. Lou has been making some Horrible moves in trading Toews and firing Trotz and with the Islanders being so deep on the Right side they take the cap space and the assets (unprotected 1st in the most deep draft since 2003 from a team that missed the playoffs last year) to upgrade their scoring depth by signing either Forsberg or Gaudreau. Which is a big need for them, while still having a top 4 Right-side of Pollock and Mayfield 

Extensions

Brock Boeser 6.5m x 6yrs 

J.T. Miller 8m x 5yrs 

Bo Horvat 6m x 8 

Juho Lammikko 775,000 x 2yrs

Matthew Highmore 750,000 x 2yrs

Canucks Line up Next year 

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Miller - Garland 

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander

Highmore - Lammikko- Mikheyev

Hughes - Carlo 

OEL - Dobson 

Dermott - Schenn 

Demko 

Martain 

Cap Space in 2022-23 $7,858

Cap space in 2023-24  $7,022,859  

inclusion the Canucks have the cap space without trading a huge assests out and with how the market plays out can boster the Right hand side and turn this team into a real contender 

Like the Carlo deal. I'm a Carlo fan. Good value for both sides.

Myers to Dallas is doable with some salary retention, imo.

After the season Dickinson had, I don't really see a market for him.

At 8.4, I think The Islanders would match.

I think Mikheyev gets more on the market.

Kuzmenko is a great opportunity to get a good player on the cheap for one season. I'm in.

In a draft lacking depth, I'd rather have as many picks as I can get myself, this is a pass.

• Cheers 1

On 6/8/2022 at 9:46 AM, VegasCanuck said:

No worries.

Right side would become:

Subban or Letang

Zadorov

Schenn

Keeper

Dermott plays both sides

This isn't necessarily a longer term solution, we need to draft heavily on the right side when the opportunity presents itself. 

I'm hoping that we're going to throw a contract at Persson as I think he has potential if we develop him for a couple of years in Abbotsford. I think his deficiencies are fixable. 

Letang is still putting up the points, 68 this year second highest in his career crazy.  

• Cheers 1

On 6/8/2022 at 3:37 AM, CanucksCountry said:

With many team's seasons over we have more of a picture where teams are heading. I believe Vancouver should be buyers with where our team is and some of the names on the market.

Draft day trades

To Vancouver: Brandon Carlo, Boston 2022 2nd round pick (54 Overall) 

To Boston: Vancouver 2022 1st Round pick (15 overall) 

Why Does Vancouver make this trade? I know our prospect pool is a little baron right now but by moving down to 39 spots allows us to finally have a young 2 way RHD that this team desperately needs, at 15 there really isn't anyone available that would take this team over the top and i believe adding Carlo is just want we need 

Why Does Boston make this trade? Boston is likely going to be rebuilding with Bergeron likely retiring and Pastrnak wanting out. Boston will have to go in a different direction and get younger, Adding a top 15 pick to a bare system with no youth outside of Lysell in sight,  being able trade out from an organizational strength is a huge win for them and is a nice way to kick of the rebuild.

To Vancouver: Dallas 2022 3rd round pick (83 overall) 

To Dallas: Tyler Myers 

Why Does Vancouver make this trade? Vancouver is able to move Myers now due to the Carlo trade. Which with moving Myers increases our cap space

Why Does Dallas make this trade? Dallas will be in search for Offensive minded RHD after Klingberg walks in this offseason. Myers will have some value this offseason to a team like Dallas which will fetch a mid round pick to help a Need with Dallas 

To Vancouver: Calgary 2023 4th round pick 

To Calgary: Jason Dickinson 

Why Does Vancouver make this trade? Vancouver is able to clear some more cap space for a good player who hasn't fit here

Why Does Calgary make this trade? Calgary need's help in their bottom 6 with their Defensive Forwards they are able to pick one up cheap who had great defensive numbers before coming to Vancouver who seems like the type of player that would shine under Darryl Sutter

To Vancouver:  Colorado 2022 1st round pick (31 Overall) 

To Arizona: Boston 2022 2nd round pick (54 overall), Dallas 2022 3rd round pick (83 Overall) 

Why Does Vancouver make this trade? Vancouver moves up to the late first round to help get some prospects into our system 

Why Does Arizona make this trade? by trading their latest pick in the  1st round the coyotes add another 2nd and 3rd to have more bullets in the chamber for the draft.

Free agency 

UFA: Ilya Mikheyev 1m x 3yrs

Andrei Kuzmenko 925,000 x 1yr

RFA: Noah Dobson $8,402,974 x 5yrs 

Why the islanders don't match. Lou has been making some Horrible moves in trading Toews and firing Trotz and with the Islanders being so deep on the Right side they take the cap space and the assets (unprotected 1st in the most deep draft since 2003 from a team that missed the playoffs last year) to upgrade their scoring depth by signing either Forsberg or Gaudreau. Which is a big need for them, while still having a top 4 Right-side of Pollock and Mayfield 

Extensions

Brock Boeser 6.5m x 6yrs 

J.T. Miller 8m x 5yrs 

Bo Horvat 6m x 8 

Juho Lammikko 775,000 x 2yrs

Matthew Highmore 750,000 x 2yrs

Canucks Line up Next year 

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Miller - Garland 

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander

Highmore - Lammikko- Mikheyev

Hughes - Carlo 

OEL - Dobson 

Dermott - Schenn 

Demko 

Martain 

Cap Space in 2022-23 $7,858

Cap space in 2023-24  $7,022,859  

inclusion the Canucks have the cap space without trading a huge assests out and with how the market plays out can boster the Right hand side and turn this team into a real contender 

With Carlo, Dobson and Huges our defense would be one of the best in the NHL, but would Boston or NYI do those trades. Would be outstanding is this occurred.