The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Pearson and Dickson Being Shopped

Dickinson doesn't suck on a good team. Look at him on Dallas. Offensively he always has been crap, But not defensively.

This is once again the classic case of us picking up a quality bottom 6 support player off a good team and thinking he will be the line driver on a bad team. It just doesn't work that way.

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Dickinson doesn't suck on a good team. Look at him on Dallas. Offensively he always has been crap, But not defensively.

This is once again the classic case of us picking up a quality bottom 6 support player off a good team and thinking he will be the line driver on a bad team. It just doesn't work that way.

I can't remember who, but there was a poster on here who said he watched Dallas regularly and said we'd regret this deal. He had a better take on Dickie than Benning did. 

It really makes me wonder if Benning simply took Weisbrod's take on players verbatim. I'm starting to wonder now if Benning ever even looked at any pro scouting info on his own, or if he just focused on the amateur stuff. 

Edited by JM_

25 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

No sorry, he is one of the key reasons why this team sucked as bad as it did. Any team, good or bad,  will suffer with  a weak third line centre. 

21 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I can't remember who, but there was a poster on here who said he watched Dallas regularly and said we'd regret this deal. He had a better take on Dickie than Benning did. 

It really makes me wonder if Benning simply took Weisbrod's take on players verbatim. I'm starting to wonder now if Benning ever even looked at any pro scouting info on his own, or if he just focused on the amateur stuff. 

Because he was a 1st rounder. High expectations. When you can't score and can't solidify a spot anywhere on the roster I would also be keen to move on and tell people you will regret it. 

He's not worth what he's paid bit still can fill in quality minuets when you compare him the rest of the current bottom 6. 

If he was the 3rd piece with a good 3c and winger for the 3rd line, and we played some sort of consistent structured game for once he probably would look better 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

No sorry, he is one of the key reasons why this team sucked as bad as it did. Any team, good or bad,  will suffer with  a weak third line centre. 

Lol. Dig deeper into the issues though. 4 other guys are on the ice at the same time. What are they doing while Dickinson is dragging the entire team and system down all by himself? Why is the same situation happening shift after shift? Game after game?

The issues go deeper than the one player. Too any passengers, only like 2 line drivers on this team 

6 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Lol. Dig deeper into the issues though. 4 other guys are on the ice at the same time. What are they doing while Dickinson is dragging the entire team and system down all by himself? Why is the same situation happening shift after shift? Game after game?

The issues go deeper than the one player. Too any passengers, only like 2 line drivers on this team 

I’m not sure if he was brought in to drive a line though. He was brought in with the purpose to center a line. But irregardless of the others on the ice with him he wasn’t a viable center because he couldn’t win faceoffs. That to me was his big issue of not succeeding in the bottom 6. If you’re not contributing offensively you should be very good defensively but he couldn’t get us possession of the puck off the drop. Which led to him being pushed to the wing in the bottom 6 and his salary is much too high for a bottom 6 winger with little offensive upside.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I’m not sure if he was brought in to drive a line though. He was brought in with the purpose to center a line. But irregardless of the others on the ice with him he wasn’t a viable center because he couldn’t win faceoffs. That to me was his big issue of not succeeding in the bottom 6. If you’re not contributing offensively you should be very good defensively but he couldn’t get us possession of the puck off the drop. Which led to him being pushed to the wing in the bottom 6 and his salary is much too high for a bottom 6 winger with little offensive upside.

These are all unrealistic fan expectations though. What signs did he show in Dallas that showed he would be more than what we saw? Nothing is the answer.

We get slammed for adding older bottom 6 guys via ufa. So we trade for a 25 yo guy who does the same thing. Turns out we had the same result. 

Why do we keep having the same results regardless of the type of players we bring in? That is the question that needs to be asked and answered. Not finger point at the pawn who is summoned to a role he can't handle

Dickinson is a quality yet overpaid bottom 6 defensive forward on good teams with an actual system and other good supporting players imo

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

These are all unrealistic fan expectations though. What signs did he show in Dallas that showed he would be more than what we saw? Nothing is the answer.

We get slammed for adding older bottom 6 guys via ufa. So we trade for a 25 yo guy who does the same thing. Turns out we had the same result. 

Why do we keep having the same results regardless of the type of players we bring in? That is the question that needs to be asked and answered. Not finger point at the pawn who is summoned to a role he can't handle

Dickinson is a quality yet overpaid bottom 6 defensive forward on good teams with an actual system and other good supporting players imo

we did seem to get more out of Dickie once Bruce arrived. Willie D and Green just aren't NHL calibre coaches, thats a big part of the reason we've seen so many dud's on this team who then go elsewhere and have a rebound. Hell, even Guddy did. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we did seem to get more out of Dickie once Bruce arrived. Willie D and Green just aren't NHL calibre coaches, thats a big part of the reason we've seen so many dud's on this team who then go elsewhere and have a rebound. Hell, even Guddy did. 

Depending who we retain, I hope our fanbase can give the boys a little bit of rope for a fresh start. A full year with training cap from Bruce could do wonders. We were pretty decent for 5 months with all things considered.

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Drance, this morning on 650, was talking about how Sergachev will be available (not this summer) next summer!  :lol:

It’s crazy season.  And I love it!  :towel:

image.jpeg.7d7684ecc7f2e1be4fd18d793db6496e.jpeg

Settle down Alf!

Pearson definitely movable. Time to move on.

45 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Bobby Clarke? haha I'm not familiar with that era.

Great HHOF player but wouldn't be nearly as effective without all the goons protecting him (eg., he could hack/slash/trick/elbow whoever he wanted & if you tried to retaliate, multiple Flyers [not just Dave Schultz] would be all over your butt).  Chicken**** player that hid behind his goons.

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I hope Dickinson has a bounce back year. He definitely needs to be better. Whatever was wrong with the Canucks the first half of the season, seemed to have affected Dickinson well, pretty much the rest of the year. Couldn’t get out of whatever rut he was in. Hoping that he has a much better season, because I don’t think it could get any worse for him, right?

It seems like sometimes a player can struggle for an entire season after being traded before he becomes comfortable or finds his niche. Dickinson is also a swiss army support player who makes teams difficult to play against and can line-up anywhere. Miscast as a center by lots of people here. In his defence I can see how a player like himself struggled during the hellish start of the season. Wasn't much opportunity to carve out a niche in that sh!tstorm.

Just read that Detroit will be trying to move Filip Zadina .

I know he’s had a poor year but he’s a former 6OA pick and maybe he could develop into the player he was suppose to be here in Vancouver ? 

I wonder if we could make some kind of trade involving Pearson or dicky and getting rid of there cap to Detroit , while getting zadina back ? 

what y’all think ?

5 minutes ago, Pazura92 said:

Just read that Detroit will be trying to move Filip Zadina .

I know he’s had a poor year but he’s a former 6OA pick and maybe he could develop into the player he was suppose to be here in Vancouver ? 

I wonder if we could make some kind of trade involving Pearson or dicky and getting rid of there cap to Detroit , while getting zadina back ? 

what y’all think ?

Pearson and Rathbone for Zadina?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

The thing with that is we didn't even need a player like that really. We had Podkolzin, Hoglander, Pearson, Garland, Highmore, and Motte, plus the AHL crap like Petan, Dowling, Dries, etc., and even Chiasson, and Lockwood. What we needed was a genuine 3C, not wasting 2.65 on yet another swiss army knife 3rd liner with no real role.

I've really given him a chance though. I like the kid, he was almost in tears in an early interview over how bad he was playing.

• Cheers 2