The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Avalanche win 2022 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Final  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

Bossy: Kuch

Trots: Stammer

Potvin: Big 77

Billy Hacksaw: Vasy(BOTH very clutch)

Tonelli, Nystrom types: Maroon, Paul, yada, yada

If Point returns..look out!

As for Oily-Av comparables..fill yer' boots!

It seems destined to go 6 or 7. Could be the best Finals since '94.

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Regular season results. Doesn't matter, since Rangers were 3-0 vs TB in regular season 

then why did you post it? :lol: you either think it matters and you post it, or you don't but then this post doesn't happen

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

We're more then likely going to see one of the best SCF in recent history. I guessed the Avalanche in seven but putting the boot to the champs will be a monumental task.

There may be a wee bit of a rust factor with the Western Conference Champs thanks to the Oilers @ losers. toast... 

Well, that’s what people thought with Tampa with that long layoff and going down 0-2, but we both saw what happened once they got their legs going again. 

Both are pretty even except in goal where Tampa has the very clear obvious edge, both pretty battle tested. I said Avs in 6 but this could very easily go 7.

Also a friendly reminder of what happened the last time Colorado played the defending Champs in the Finals:

0270FD34-6FB4-4269-A016-490362D25C35.jpeg

• Cheers 2

Going to be a great matchup, solid goaltending and team defence in Tampa VS high octane offence from the Avs.

As strong as Colorado have looked, I don't know if they've faced a combination of Hedman and Vasy all year long. 

Usually in these big matchups the defence wins and defence seems to win championships. I think the real question will be who defends better - Stamkos/Kucherov defending against Makar, or the Avs 2nd and 3rd pairings defending against Tampa's depth forwards.

At the end of the day though I think goaltending and depth will win the series for Tampa in 6.

• Cheers 1

So rare to get the two best teams in the final. 
I know TB wasn’t the best regular season team this year but I doubt there is little argument they are the best in the East and Avs are head and shoulders above the rest of the west. 
This should be a thriller. I don’t know which way it will go but with Kadri out and TB’s ability to impose their will on teams I think they will win and push the Av’s to solve their goaltending this off-season to begin their cup winning reign next year. 

10 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

THIS is the finals the league wanted..bet yer bottom $

edit: BTW, I get a stronggg Isles/Oils vibe. Will it be 1983, or '84? Stay tuned...

Tough to predict but it's worth pointing out just for history's sake that the Canucks in 82 actually gave the Islanders a better series than the Oilers did in 83.  Put up a better fight in getting swept and took a game to OT.

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Bossy: Kuch

Trots: Stammer

Potvin: Big 77

Billy Hacksaw: Vasy(BOTH very clutch)

Tonelli, Nystrom types: Maroon, Paul, yada, yada

If Point returns..look out!

As for Oily-Av comparables..fill yer' boots!

It seems destined to go 6 or 7. Could be the best Finals since '94.

I think I would have to liken Bossy to Stamkos and Trottier to Kucherov just based on propensity for goals and assists.

The Islanders didn't really have an old dog like Perry.  Glenn Resch and Butch Goring were their oldest players I think.

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

So rare to get the two best teams in the final. 
I know TB wasn’t the best regular season team this year but I doubt there is little argument they are the best in the East and Avs are head and shoulders above the rest of the west. 
This should be a thriller. I don’t know which way it will go but with Kadri out and TB’s ability to impose their will on teams I think they will win and push the Av’s to solve their goaltending this off-season to begin their cup winning reign next year. 

Two of the five straight years the Islanders dynasty went to the final they didn't finish first in their division.  Everyone still knew what was up.

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Let's get real. Colorado isn't winning the Cup. 

Vasilevsky is no Mike Smith

Bolts in 5, whip-de-do

Avs are taking out their brooms and sweeping the Lightening to the loser curb. 

10 hours ago, HKSR said:

I just feel that TBL is a better balanced team defensively.  Hedman vs Makar, I take Hedman simply because of his defensive ability.  Vasilevskiy is the huge difference maker.

I take TBL in 6.

me too. Tampa has so much experience on their side they won't have any nerves going into this, and a big edge in goal. 

I think Tampa has a slight edge in top 9 quality as well. 

The only way COL wins this series is if they bully the Lightning, crash Vaselinesky and play fast and physical. The Rangers played a "nice" series against them, and lost. Sounds familiar. Nice teams don't win. I'm sure glad JR is wanting to toughen up the Canucks. 

Does COL have it in them? 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The only way COL wins this series is if they bully the Lightning, crash Vaselinesky and play fast and physical. The Rangers played a "nice" series against them, and lost. Sounds familiar. Nice teams don't win. I'm sure glad JR is wanting to toughen up the Canucks. 

Does COL have it in them? 

Rangers played meaner than Tampa, especially in game six.  Trouba was a beast.