The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cu Cu Cu Country Club Cleanup [Proposal]

25 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

I was thinking more of a 2-3 year bridge contract around 6-6.5 million per for Boeser. 

Yes he could just take his 1 year qualifying offer if he wants, but his agent and him won't be able to justify Boeser as a 7.5 million dollar player and I don't think it is unreasonable to think Boeser would be willing to take a more realistic cap hit and bet on himself that the next contract will be his big one.

A 2 year deal walks him to UFA status.  I think realistically you could get him to sign a 2 year $6.35m AAV deal.  That’s the minimum number he’s be forced to take if the team elected  arbitration. 

The rub is he walks at the  end of the desk (or gets dealt prior) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, qwijibo said:

A 2 year deal walks him to UFA status.  I think realistically you could get him to sign a 2 year $6.35m AAV deal.  That’s the minimum number he’s be forced to take if the team elected  arbitration. 

The rub is he walks at the  end of the desk (or gets dealt prior) 

Yeah that is a good point that giving him a cheaper 2 year deal puts him right into UFA status at the end and that could result in him just walking away. 

So maybe they even look at doing something around 3-4 years then at around 6.25 million per. I wonder if Brock would be open to that and still will give him an opportunity to sign a bigger long term deal after it ends. 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Yeah that is a good point that giving him a cheaper 2 year deal puts him right into UFA status at the end and that could result in him just walking away. 

So maybe they even look at doing something around 3-4 years then at around 6.25 million per. I wonder if Brock would be open to that and still will give him an opportunity to sign a bigger long term deal after it ends. 

I think it’s reasonable to suggest he may be willing to accept something like that