The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Filip Johansson

It would be awesome if Brackett let one slip through the cracks and Johansson became a solid tip 4 for us. :lol:

Either way with Allvin at the helm we should see a steady influx of Swedish free agents.

Would love to see us get another free agent goalie from the SHL.

On 6/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, 250Integra said:

Did Pronger signed off on this pick cause he sorta looks like him ?  Plus, Fenton was only there for a year, then Guerin took over.  Hindsight, has not been kind on this pick in the 1st round and perhaps, if he was picked outside the 1st round this signing would be a nothing burger.   Anyways, free RHD prospect and hopefully he developes into a roster player....

Edited by ShawnAntoski

10 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

What stands out to me is his 7 points in 9 games in playoffs. Playoff is where you want your players showing up. 

Yup.  He might not have wanted to sign with Minny, so he could be a UFA. Free stuff for us.

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

As a unsigned draft pick free agent, the deadline for NHL teams to sign Johansson was June 15th. 

Signed within that window (draft rights expire June 1st, free agent deadline is June 15), the new NHL ELC goes into effect and overrides any existing SHL contract.

The Canucks had to pay the Swedes a transfer fee of $361,500 (used to be 250K but new agreement increased fees) for the privilege. That money basically gets split between the teams in Sweden that helped develop Johansson.

Great information. Thanks very much. 

14 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

In a year were all going to say he's better than Adam Fox :bigblush:

Went an absolute tear in the SHL playoffs. Faith level in Alvin and Co. +1

imagine if Calgary would have been able to hang on to Fox :sadno:

4 hours ago, Quantum said:

These are the kind of bets I like to see.

22, former first round pick who refused to sign in Minnesota, RD, good size. He will come in and compete for a roster spot this season.

Impressive work by Allvin & company.

I like it but he seems small no?

26 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Minnesota podcast on the subject of the moment:

regards,  G.

Wow that guy has a wild hat and jacket, he must be an expert. Is it that cold in Minnesota in June?

He talks so slowly I couldn’t watch. 

16 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Wow that guy has a wild hat and jacket, he must be an expert. Is it that cold in Minnesota in June?

He talks so slowly I couldn’t watch. 

Well, I suppose he's as much of an expert as anyone else who does that sort of thing for a few years.

As to the hat, there's a lot of Scandinavians in Minnesota, as in Ballard (down in Washington). I figured it was a cultural thing.

regards,  G.

• Like 1