The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Shea Weber to Golden Knights for Evgenii Dadonov

Just now, Bounce000 said:

Incoming veto from Dadonov

True

If he didn't want to go to california because of the taxes, he sure as hell isn't going to want to come to Canada....But you would think they would have cleared it with him first after the last circus

1 minute ago, NucknAsia said:

My guess is Vegas will try and move Alec Martinez next. He's 34, making 5.25 for the next 2 years and they're still 2.6 mil over the cap and need to fill out their roster with 3-4 more players.

Yeah they still gotta move someone else out to re-sign guys like Roy, Hague, Smith, etc.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah they still gotta move someone else out to re-sign guys like Roy, Hague, Smith, etc.

I think they are screwed. They are going to have to move multiple players simply to pay players who are AHL fodder or ELCs

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NucknAsia said:

Pretty sure cap friendly has calculated that in...check the bottom of the page on that link I posted

The $85M includes Weber's salary, but since he's on LTIR, the VGK can technically have $90M on the books... just no cap room to accrue, and basically no flexibility.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

True

If he didn't want to go to california because of the taxes, he sure as hell isn't going to want to come to Canada....But you would think they would have cleared it with him first after the last circus

Montreal likes it's Russians, and Montreal may be a circus but I wouldn't call it a bad place to live or play 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1