The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canadiens trade Shea Weber to Golden Knights for Evgenii Dadonov

43 minutes ago, HKSR said:

mll incoming to this thread in 3... 2... 1...

It's like he smells blood in the water when the term "LTIR" is bandied about lmao

lololololol I laughed, I cried. Cause it's true!

The LTIR Shark ... teams hate it. Ask Tampa. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

SEE, THIS is the type of cap circumvention that Bettman needs to clamp down on. 

Weber has no inclination of EVER playing again. 

MY addition to the rules would be : any player on LTIR for more than 1 season is AUTOMATICALLY RETIRED. 

Has anyone ever been on LTIR for more than 1 full regular season and still returned to play? 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Montreal's a great city, but the Quebec taxes are probably the worst in Canada.  Guess the Canadiens weren't

on his 10 team no trade list (or maybe he doesn't know about the Quebec taxes).

I heard a lot of their strippers are from Russia. At least that's what I heard..... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah they still gotta move someone else out to re-sign guys like Roy, Hague, Smith, etc.

Smith has kind of been overpriced and just okay for a couple years now. With salary troubles and him being 31 years old I’d imagine they just let him walk but yes they still need to clear cap to sign Roy and Hague those guys are valuable pieces. If we had cap space I’d try to take advantage of them in a trade for one our both those guys.

A lot of Gillisbutthurtitis in this thread…

The Luongo Era is finally over boys and girls.

We’re clear of that $3,033,206 on the books.

Only Halak and Virtanen remain.

(We should be able to trade dead cap space to teams who need it!)

59 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

SEE, THIS is the type of cap circumvention that Bettman needs to clamp down on. 

Weber has no inclination of EVER playing again. 

MY addition to the rules would be : any player on LTIR for more than 1 season is AUTOMATICALLY RETIRED

Not sure that that could happen, however, I think there might be a couple of things which could hinder this circumvention:

1.) Only a percentage of the contract's value could be traded once, say 50%, while the remaining amount stays with the original team and cannot be further divided in additional trades.

2.) If traded, the contract could be ruled violated/terminated by the insurance company, and they could refuse to provide any further payouts. My meaning here is that the original deal could be viewed as being with the original team (through the NHL). The contract/player could be traded if the player (the asset) is active, but once he is on LITR then the deal becomes stuck with the original signing team. The player was their asset, and the compensation is paid out to that team and that team only. If you have a car that is totalled, and ICBC pays you for it, you can't sell/trade that vehicle to another person (I'm assuming that this is how it works - never owned a car :)). 

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I heard a lot of their strippers are from Russia. At least that's what I heard..... :ph34r:

Maybe from your cousin's sister's brother? It's good to distance yourself from these sorts of things...

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

A lot of Gillisbutthurtitis in this thread…

The Luongo Era is finally over boys and girls.

We’re clear of that $3,033,206 on the books.

Only Halak and Virtanen remain.

(We should be able to trade dead cap space to teams who need it!)

Holtby JV halak 3.4mill 

Just like almost out from under the mountain of trash contracts only to trade for another 6 year mistake. 

oh well atleast that idiot is gone 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, combover said:

Holtby JV halak 3.4mill 

Just like almost out from under the mountain of trash contracts only to trade for another 6 year mistake. 

oh well atleast that idiot is gone 

Just in time to re-sign Miller.

5 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Maybe from your cousin's sister's brother? It's good to distance yourself from these sorts of things...

regards,  G.

When I was in Montreal I was with my girlfriend at the time. So I couldn't do any research....:lol: