The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capatlize on flyers proposal

Flyers are very desperate for scoring and willing give up 5th pick I think we can jump on this and add our rhd plus centre my proposal

To Canucks 5th pick Scott Laughton 

To flyers 2023 3rd Pearson Boeser

Canucks at 5 take David Jiricek

Canucks at 15 I take Connor geekie or Marco kasper

builds prospect cupboard and we get our 3rd line centre 

45 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I like the targets but can't see PHI doing this deal.

Boeser + 3rd is not worth 5OA 

Pearson is not worth Laughton

Depends how desperate they get if they miss on gaud I think 25 goal scorer might one can hope 

OP's deal is definitely close IMO.  Agreed that it might cost Miller to get the #5 pick though, seeing how Boeser didn't have the best seasons statistically.
Pearson for Laughton is close too as a lateral deal (Tanner's older but scored at a higher rate, whereas Laughton fits our need for a defensive 3rd C).

5th OA is a top dollar asset. Canucks would be lucky to get Miller for the 5th oa.  Now if there is an extension in place, Canucks could squeeze more, maybe York & 5th OA/something like that.

Pearson would definitely be a fit in PHI.  Cam Atkinson thinks they are a soft team.  Pearson is a hardworking and reliable winger-suits Torts.  Return might not be amazing but I bet PHI/VAN could work out a deal

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we would need to go Miller to get 5OA.  They would add to that though.  

Yes maybe I think we as Canucks fans are little lower on boeser i would add Hoglander if it meant getting both those prospects 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Especially an unsigned Boeser

Well obviously if your gonna work a deal a boeser agreement would happen first and I think you guys under estimate 30 goal scorers value if they miss out on gaud they will be desperate 

3 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

5th OA is a top dollar asset. Canucks would be lucky to get Miller for the 5th oa.  Now if there is an extension in place, Canucks could squeeze more, maybe York & 5th OA/something like that.

Pearson would definitely be a fit in PHI.  Cam Atkinson thinks they are a soft team.  Pearson is a hardworking and reliable winger-suits Torts.  Return might not be amazing but I bet PHI/VAN could work out a deal

And honestly that’s fine there no way Canucks should trade miller unless top assist is coming back and only trade  him if you get Wright or Slav 

15 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

I think you guys under estimate 30 goal scorers value if they miss out on gaud they will be desperate 

Boeser hasn't ever hit 30 goals in a season. But he has been on pace for 30 goals in 82 games before.

If PHI are willing to splash enough cash to go for Gaudreau, there are lots of other UFA targets that have been on pace for 30 goals this season or as recently as Boeser, which would cost them no assets to sign:

Forsberg

E Kane

Kadri

Perron

Nichushkin

R Smith

Giroux (but would he go back?)

14 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Boeser hasn't ever hit 30 goals in a season. But he has been on pace for 30 goals in 82 games before.

If PHI are willing to splash enough cash to go for Gaudreau, there are lots of other UFA targets that have been on pace for 30 goals this season or as recently as Boeser, which would cost them no assets to sign:

Forsberg

E Kane

Kadri

Perron

Nichushkin

R Smith

Giroux (but would he go back?)

pretty much and all of those doesnt' cost you any asset lol.. people here like to dump on boeser he sucks he slow he's never been a 30 goal scorer he doesn't hit he doesnt' do anything and always injured.. but value wise he's worth a 5th OA lol

4 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

OP's deal is definitely close IMO.  Agreed that it might cost Miller to get the #5 pick though, seeing how Boeser didn't have the best seasons statistically.
Pearson for Laughton is close too as a lateral deal (Tanner's older but scored at a higher rate, whereas Laughton fits our need for a defensive 3rd C).

Giving up their C3 for a winger creates a hole in their lineup - not really a lateral deal.

Edited by mll

56 minutes ago, mll said:

Giving up their C3 for a winger creates a hole in their lineup - not really a lateral deal.

They are set down middle acctually and need help on wing badly cout Hayes and frost id even add Hoglander if it gets it down 

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

pretty much and all of those doesnt' cost you any asset lol.. people here like to dump on boeser he sucks he slow he's never been a 30 goal scorer he doesn't hit he doesnt' do anything and always injured.. but value wise he's worth a 5th OA lol

So they gotta hope those guys sign to big deals then clear cap when they can easily trade for boeser and sign him for 6.5 mil if they sign any of those guys they are losing players making room for them please do your homework

1 hour ago, Scottydzik said:

Well obviously if your gonna work a deal a boeser agreement would happen first and I think you guys under estimate 30 goal scorers value if they miss out on gaud they will be desperate 

You made the proposal without mentioning signing him first

We are underestimating his value then question  to you is

Just how low and long are you signing BB for Philly in giving up a 5 o/a for BB

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Well it’s pretty obvious a trade for boeser n miller comes with extension and if they go out and try sign big names free agents they gotta clear cap in this deal there giving up high pick for 2 potential top 6 wingers

3 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

5 years 6.5 mil

1 hour ago, Scottydzik said:

They are set down middle acctually and need help on wing badly cout Hayes and frost id even add Hoglander if it gets it down 

Laughton took the 2nd most face-offs last season behind only Giroux.  Hayes had a face.off percentage at under 43% while Laughton was 51%. 

1 hour ago, mll said:

Laughton took the 2nd most face-offs last season behind only Giroux.  Hayes had a face.off percentage at under 43% while Laughton was 51%. 

Ya but there looking for scoring bad I think there ready let frost claim that 3rd line c you gotta remember a lot of those draws will go to healthy cout Pearson boeser add scoring where they can afford lose him with healthy cout