The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Sandpaper guy, Horvat's best man, J. Anderson?

25 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

While I would like to add Josh Anderson, I don't see a fit in a trade.  

Montreal is looking to get younger, as are we.  If you put a gun to my head and made me write the most likely deal between the two teams that involves Anderson...  

Jack Rathbone + 2023 2nd round pick 

for 

Josh Anderson  

That trade would make the most sense, but it would mean that Allvin maybe has a side deal made to trade away Garland or Boeser.  Either way I don't think that Josh Anderson is getting dealt.  

Montreal doesn’t need an undersized D. They have a number of NHL ready prospects. Plus they already have a few small forwards. They’re not looking to move Anderson so unless the offer is something that genuinely improves the team they won’t move him. 

12 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal doesn’t need an undersized D. They have a number of NHL ready prospects. Plus they already have a few small forwards. They’re not looking to move Anderson so unless the offer is something that genuinely improves the team they won’t move him. 

If I recall, the ask by fans alone is insane.  That management isn't willing to move him for anything but an overpayment.  That's just not an option for a guy with such a questionable shoulder

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If I recall, the ask by fans alone is insane.  That management isn't willing to move him for anything but an overpayment.  That's just not an option for a guy with such a questionable shoulder

It’s not just fans.  There’s reports that Hughes received a number of calls on Anderson at the trade deadline. Hughes said the fact that he’s still a Canadien is a testament to how much they like the player.  He’s a perfect fit to play with Suzuki and Caufield.  They aren’t looking to move him so if another team wants him it’s going to take something significant that fits Montréal’s needs to make it happen 

Edited by qwijibo

14 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

It’s not just fans.  There’s reports that Hughes received a number of calls on Anderson at the trade deadline. Hughes said the fact that he’s still a Canadien is a testament to how much they like the player.  He’s a perfect fit to play with Suzuki and Caufield.  They aren’t looking to move him so if another team wants him it’s going to take something significant that fits Montréal’s needs to make it happen 

I stand by my Roy being a cheaper younger option knowing that the Habs would be asking the large for him.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I stand by my Roy being a cheaper younger option knowing that the Habs would be asking the large for him.

You’re not wrong. Plus I don’t think Vancouver has what Montréal would be looking for. 

45 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You’re not wrong. Plus I don’t think Vancouver has what Montréal would be looking for. 

I think you're right.  In terms fo assets.  We may have a lot of what other teams might want, but a lot of teams don't have what we need.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think you're right.  In terms fo assets.  We may have a lot of what other teams might want, but a lot of teams don't have what we need.

Exactly. Fit has to be right for both teams.  

Edited by qwijibo

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I honestly wouldn't even want the Canucks to trade for him.  He hasn't even hit 0.5 PPG with Montreal, 28 years old and still got 5 years left at 5.5 mil.  

If he was 25 and under, it would be an interesting target but Canucks need to get younger.