The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phili /Chi/LA/Dallas - Vancouver (Proposal) Revised

Trade #1

Miller ($5,250,000) , and 2022-1st 15th OA ........for...........Phili-2022-1st (5th OA), and Laughton  ($3,000,000 X 4)

Trade #2

Boeser ($6,000,000) and Hoglander ($1,500,000)............for............Connor Murphy ($4,400,000), Kirby Dach ($1,000,000) and Chicago 2022-2nd

Trade #3

Garland ($4.950,000)...........for............ Roy ($3,150,000) and LA 2022-2nd

Trade #4

Myers ($6,000,000) to Dallas..........for.........2022-3rd

Kuzmenko                        Pettersson                     Nichushkin                                14,250.000

Pearson                            Horvat                           Podkolzin                                    9,750,000

Paul                                 Laughton                            Dach                                       8,000,000                                                           82,500,000 Cap

Highmore                        Lammikko                       Lockwood                                    4,000,000                                                          72,360,000 Cap hits

Dickenson

10,140,000 Cap Surplus

Hughes                        Murphy                                                           12,300,000                                                           Minus Buyouts $2,400,000

OEL                              Roy                                                                10,410,000                                                           Minus Bonus's $1,250,000

Rathbone                     Schenn                                                            2,000,000

Burroughs                                                                          1,000,000                                                           Cap Space $6,490,000

Demko                                                                               6,000,000                                     Note*                                                                                                                       Martin                                                                                                                                      Cap space to fill in 8th Dman

Additional Cap Space the following year of

UFA SIGNINGS                                                                                                                                                              approx. $4,650,000 (estimated) 

Kuzmenko........................ 925,000

Nichushkin.....................6,000,000

Paul...............................4,000,000

2022 early picks

2022-1st 5th OA ...................David Jiricek RHD

2022-2nd 38 OA....................Noah Warren RHD

2022-2nd 51 OA....................Sam Rinzel RHD

2022-3rd 79 OA.....................Tyler Brennan G

2022-3rd 82 OA......................BPA ?????

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

My thoughts...

Trade #1 - Philly will be interested in Miller and the 5OA pick is a possibility, but they won't want to take on Myers (they already have Ellis and Risto on RHS of their D) they will be looking for a much cheaper D 5-6 type guy. They also won't want to take on Dickinson. They are looking to contend, not take on bad contracts. They probably want to clear cap (like JVR and Lindblom) to try and sign a top UFA such as Gaudreau, to improve their scoring. I think we would be better off keeping our 1st round pick and doing something like Miller (50% retained) + Burroughs in return for the 5OA + Laughton.

Trade #2 - Interesting idea. Good targets, but I don't think Chicago goes for it. They only just extended Murphy and he has a 10 team no trade list (probably covers Canadian teams) also Dach is still so young and was drafted 3OA on 2019. Just too early to trade him. Boeser doesn't have the trade value due to his QO to get you these returns.

Trade #3 - Love it. Think Roy is an excellent target. Good long term partner for Hughes and think your trade value is spot on.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

@J.I.A.H.N I like the idea of trying to pry loose Murphy, CHI is going to stink for at least a couple of seasons so they might be open to it. I don't think Brock fits their new core age tho. Maybe we can do something around Rathbone? my guess is Van is on Murphy's 10 team NTC tho.

I think we can force Roy from Vegas with the threat of an offer sheet. So we offer a 2023 4th and McDonough or we offer sheet Roy for 3C.

As for the other Roy in LA, sure why not? lets get some Roy's. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1

• J.I.A.H.N changed the title to Phili /Chi/LA/Dallas - Vancouver (Proposal) Revised

Philly couldn't afford that trade salary wise.  

Chicago is looking to do a full rebuild, Kirby Dach is only getting moved for a king's ransom of 1st round picks IMO.  They are looking to ship out a high scoring winger (Debrincat) not bring one in (Boeser). 

6 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

My thoughts...

Trade #1 - Philly will be interested in Miller and the 5OA pick is a possibility, but they won't want to take on Myers (they already have Ellis and Risto on RHS of their D) they will be looking for a much cheaper D 5-6 type guy. They also won't want to take on Dickinson. They are looking to contend, not take on bad contracts. They probably want to clear cap (like JVR and Lindblom) to try and sign a top UFA such as Gaudreau, to improve their scoring. I think we would be better off keeping our 1st round pick and doing something like Miller (50% retained) + Burroughs in return for the 5OA + Laughton.

Trade #2 - Interesting idea. Good targets, but I don't think Chicago goes for it. They only just extended Murphy and he has a 10 team no trade list (probably covers Canadian teams) also Dach is still so young and was drafted 3OA on 2019. Just too early to trade him. Boeser doesn't have the trade value due to his QO to get you these returns.

Trade #3 - Love it. Think Roy is an excellent target. Good long term partner for Hughes and think your trade value is spot on.

Revised the trades to be more inline with your thinking...BTF

Most likely we are now over paying, but I will let JR figure that out. I do think that Phili has the room cap wise to sign Miller and another high end UFA. I also think that there is no way Phili does not make that trade as it is now.

On the Chicago trade..............I think Boeser and Hoglander are both young and still helps them out while they have Toews and Kane. Their cost is not all that much for what they give up. Dach has dropped his play since his first year, and they may be able to justify moving him for getting younger in trade.

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

@J.I.A.H.N I like the idea of trying to pry loose Murphy, CHI is going to stink for at least a couple of seasons so they might be open to it. I don't think Brock fits their new core age tho. Maybe we can do something around Rathbone? my guess is Van is on Murphy's 10 team NTC tho.

I think we can force Roy from Vegas with the threat of an offer sheet. So we offer a 2023 4th and McDonough or we offer sheet Roy for 3C.

As for the other Roy in LA, sure why not? lets get some Roy's. 

Thanks Jimmy

Gee, I don't think Boeser is a bad asset for them. Until Toews and more importantly Kane, retire, I think they try and stay somewhat competitive, and Boeser is young enough to be part of the next core (possibly) 

I did consider your Roy move out of Vegas (I do like it!) but I did not want to loose assets, and I think Laughton is a great 3rd line center. In saying that, we have room if we move Dickenson, and some suggest he could be moved with some retention, which would be gone in 2 years, and even at a million, would not be a big deal. So, yeah, maybe????

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Philly couldn't afford that trade salary wise.  

Chicago is looking to do a full rebuild, Kirby Dach is only getting moved for a king's ransom of 1st round picks IMO.  They are looking to ship out a high scoring winger (Debrincat) not bring one in (Boeser). 

You are probably right, in terms of Myers/Dickenson, so I revised the trade probably after you started typing. Taking them out probably makes us over pay. What do you think?

As for your thoughts on Chicago not having enough cap room, I disagree, they have approx. 20 Million in cap and no big contracts to sign , so they are fine. There is probably only a 2 million dollar swing in cap, taking on Boeser and giving us Murphy, and dach and Hoglander are pretty much a wash, in terms of contract size.

46 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Thanks Jimmy

Gee, I don't think Boeser is a bad asset for them. Until Toews and more importantly Kane, retire, I think they try and stay somewhat competitive, and Boeser is young enough to be part of the next core (possibly) 

its more that Brock is going to be a UFA right when they hit the start of their rebuild. If Brock was on say a 4 or 5 year deal then I could see it. I suppose an extension with CHI could be part of the package and make the deal that much more likely?

Love the add tho, we need gritty player with Hughes and he fits the bill nicely. 

46 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I did consider your Roy move out of Vegas (I do like it!) but I did not want to loose assets, and I think Laughton is a great 3rd line center. In saying that, we have room if we move Dickenson, and some suggest he could be moved with some retention, which would be gone in 2 years, and even at a million, would not be a big deal. So, yeah, maybe????

I wonder if Dickie can be moved via the waiver wire.... would Ottawa take him for free now that they lost Paul? I think they just might. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

My thoughts...

I'd have to agree on the Chicago one here. I just can't see Chicago letting Kirby Dach go quite yet.

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

You are probably right, in terms of Myers/Dickenson, so I revised the trade probably after you started typing. Taking them out probably makes us over pay. What do you think?

As for your thoughts on Chicago not having enough cap room, I disagree, they have approx. 20 Million in cap and no big contracts to sign , so they are fine. There is probably only a 2 million dollar swing in cap, taking on Boeser and giving us Murphy, and dach and Hoglander are pretty much a wash, in terms of contract size.

I like your revised Philly trade and it's much more realistic. 

I think Philly would need to add, but not too far off. 

Philly deal - I think we get too little (5th overall pick is by no means a sure thing, just ask Juolevi... esp. in a weak draft like this we could get a bust and 3rd C)

Chicago deal - if Murphy's clause doesn't include Vancouver I'd love for us to try to get him, maybe just him for Boeser; for Dach I'd hold off until e.g. in the season and see if his injury woes have subsided; if he's struggling I'd like to see if we could pry him out like how we did with Baertschi. 

Is Matt Roy the RHD that we'd need?  If we can't get a bigger/ better guy then maybe.