Deslaurier Lamikko Lemieux 

Dickinson

Hughes Schenn

OEL Boqvist

Hague Myers

Poolman

Demko

Martin

Now with the picks 12th I’m taking Korchinski or Mintyukov and 15th I’m taking Lambert and with wherever that LA’s 2nd is I’m taking David Goyette (everybody sleeping on this prospect)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think you’re plan is very similar to what JR will try to accomplish.  Build a team that can compete now, while adding picks and youth for an improved club down the road.  

Thanks! Yeah it hurt to punt on the potential of both Hoglander and Rathbone but that’s what Vegas would be looking for good depth on cheap contracts. Trying to get a little bigger in the process with that trade idea as well.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

A couple off-season trades

JT Miller to Columbus for Boqvist, 12th overall and Texier

Pearson to LA Kings for Lemieux and a 2nd round pick

Rathbone, Hoglander and Dermott to Vegas for Roy and Hague

in free agency we pick up Kuzmenko, Copp and Deslaurier

Copp Pettersson Boeser

Kuzmenko Horvat Garland

Texier Roy Podkolzin

Dickinson

Hughes Schenn

OEL Boqvist

Hague Myers

Poolman

Demko

Martin

Now with the picks 12th I’m taking Korchinski or Mintyukov and 15th I’m taking Lambert and with wherever that LA’s 2nd is I’m taking David Goyette (everybody sleeping on this prospect)

Personally, I'd rather try and do what's necessary to pickup Laine from Columbus. Maybe something like:

To Columbus

Miller

Hoglander

15 OA

To Vancouver

Laine

12 OA

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Thanks! Yeah it hurt to punt on the potential of both Hoglander and Rathbone but that’s what Vegas would be looking for good depth on cheap contracts. Trying to get a little bigger in the process with that trade idea as well.

I very much like Boqvist.  I think he’s going to develop into a heck of a D man.  Perfect partner for OEL too.  

Hughes can carry his D partner until we find our “Deven Toews” type guy for him. 

Edited by Alflives

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

JT Miller to Columbus for Boqvist, 12th overall and Texier

Pearson to LA Kings for Lemieux and a 2nd round pick

Rathbone, Hoglander and Dermott to Vegas for Roy and Hague

in free agency we pick up Kuzmenko, Copp and Deslaurier

Copp Pettersson Boeser

Kuzmenko Horvat Garland

Texier Roy Podkolzin

Dickinson

Hughes Schenn

OEL Boqvist

Hague Myers

Poolman

Demko

Martin

isn't copp playing 3c in NYR?

he is not coming cheap and personally I think his stats are inflated...he's been a 30 pt guy his entire career till this year

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

isn't copp playing 3c in NYR?

he is not coming cheap and personally I think his stats are inflated...he's been a 30 pt guy his entire career till this year

I think he was 2nd line for them. I think they were rocking the kid line as their 3rd line. Copp I think could be like a Hyman but also help Pettersson on the draws like Miller did because he’s pretty good at faceoffs.

to PHI - Miller and #15

to VAN - Farabee, Attard and #5 (Nemec or Jiricek)

to NJ - Garland and Myers

to VAN - Zacha and Severson

to ? - Pearson

to VAN - 3rd (2023)

Sign Kuzmenko

Sign Letang

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Boeser

Farabee - Horvat - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Zacha - ??

OEL - Letang

Hughes - Severson  (Nemec or Jiricek eventually)

Rathbone - Schenn

Dermott - Attard

Edited by NUCKER67

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

to PHI - Miller and #15

to ? - Pearson

to VAN - 3rd (2023)

Sign Kuzmenko

Sign Letang

Hoglander - Zacha - ??

OEL - Letang

Rathbone - Schenn

Dermott - Attard

Not sure we get Severson from NJ for Myers and Garland. Zacha is def redundant for them, and their fans find him frustratingly inconsistent. I think our fans over rate him.

Regardless that's not a hard pull but I do think there are better 3C options for us. Severson though? Big 47 pt RD? He's pretty close to untouchable in my view. Like the other ideas though

Edited by NucknAsia

8 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

JT Miller to Columbus for Boqvist, 12th overall and Texier I'd rather we get tougher players to play against who also have skill, of which Columbus has some

Pearson to LA Kings for Lemieux and a 2nd round pick Not against this one, could use the sandpaper, pick and freed up cap space

Rathbone, Hoglander and Dermott to Vegas for Roy and Hague Usually wouldn't want to trade Hogs, but for something like this I'm game (maybe just two of the three assets for their two RFA's since they're in a cap crunch so no need for us to overpay)

in free agency we pick up Kuzmenko, Copp and Deslaurier I've heard rumors that Deslauriers will cost a lot, so I'd stay away; depends on Copp's ask

Copp Pettersson Boeser

Kuzmenko Horvat Garland

Texier Roy Podkolzin

Dickinson

Hughes Schenn

OEL Boqvist

Hague Myers

Poolman

22 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

to PHI - Miller and #15

to ? - Pearson

to VAN - 3rd (2023)

Sign Kuzmenko

Sign Letang

Hoglander - Zacha - ??

OEL - Letang

Rathbone - Schenn

Dermott - Attard

First deal, I don't think you get Farabee and Attard + the pick. 

I still see Jersey as the best match for a Miller Trade, it makes sense for both teams. They need a player like Miller and they're growing impatient. I still like the idea of us getting the 2nd pick, adding a player like Wood, + their 2nd rounder for Miller + Dickinson. We get Slafkovsky, another mid tier prospect to add to our pool (2nd rounder) and the snarl & grit of Miles Wood to our lineup. They get a prime Miller coming off a nearly 100 point season and Dickinson who struggled to find his way last season (cap space). 

We would have 2 first rounders. Depending on the market I would look to acquire a top 4 rhd if the right fit became available. That could also tie in to the decision of who to keep of Garland and Boeser. 

For our center situation, I would really look to add Nic Roy

Slafkovsky - Pete - Boeser 

Kuzmenko - Bo - Podkolzin 

Pearson - Roy - Hoglander 

Wood - Lammikko - Lockwood 

Edited by KKnight

Anybody interested in PK Subban for 2.5 per? Right hand shot, can play the PP, but maybe too much of a personality?

if Poolman is gonzo, Subban could be a nice add to the D corps. I’d rather see someone else take a spot but what do you folks think?

I've floated the idea of Miller for Boqvist before, but we could certainly simplify that to Garland straight up for Boqvist. Now we've got Kuzmenko coming in we've got far too many good young forwards. We still need a 3C. I wonder if we just simplify those above trades and moves for something like:

1) Garland to CBJ for Boqvist, maybe they give us a pick coming back as well (2nd/3rd?). He's a bit risky but the kid can move the puck and play an offensive RD role. They have cap space, we re-sign Boqvist to something fairly reasonable/cheap and we end up saving around 1-2M in cap space, plus they need scoring.

2) Sign one of Copp, Paul, Tierney, Jarnkrok or Janmark to a 3y x 3M deal. Copp and Paul will probably command a bit more but we should be able to squeeze one of these guys in.

3) Trade Dickinson and Poolman to literally anyone for anything, honestly they're not big cap dumps, they both still have value, so I think we might even get a late pick back. Ottawa losing Tierney would surely take Dickinson as their new 3C for next to nothing and Poolman IMO has value, we could squeeze a 4th out of someone for him or give him another chance.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Tierney - Hoglander

Highmore - Lammikko - Lockwood

Hughes - Myers

OEL - Boqvist

Dermott - Schenn

Rathbone

Burroughs

Ticks a lot of boxes across our group. We have a proper shutdown 3rd line there, we split up OEL and Myers who can both play shutdown roles alongside their puck-moving partners. OEL would be the perfect mentor for Boqvist who looks like he could really break out on the right team (had 11 goals in 50ish games last year on a crap team). 

Most importantly, those moves are much more realistic - no massive Boeser/Miller trade, just a simple 1-for-1 type deal (young winger for young defenceman) which happen much more frequently than monster moves, and a savvy UFA signing to fill a positional need.

I don't think Miller is getting us a massive piece back to a middling or rebuilding team... expect possibly  when it comes to NJ/OTT and maybe PHI.   Also think it would almost certainly mean a trade and sign ... that makes OTT less likely, although they have the extra assets for sure.  

What seems much more realistic is trading Miller to a contender or a playoff team that wants to make a splash.    COL ... we could go after Byram.   Something i've mentioned many times (his concussion issues seem to be resolving).    They will need someone to fill the Kadri void ... and Miller for another shot at the cup fills that hole and some.   It would also help is immensely, we need another young defenseman to grow with our core.   And he'd be a core player for us.   

I doubt Miller would get us the second overall on his own, but he's on the list of guys that they'd target.   To me what they'd want would be Miller plus our 15th.   I'd also do that trade.   But hope IF go there, we can keep our first as well and maybe get away with a Rathbone or Hoglander and Miller instead.    Kuz on the team means we don't need Hogs.    Have to consider the cap too ... might mean Zacha comes back which to me is just a wash ... not that high on Zacha and never have been.   He's just a decent player that's it. 

OTT has been saying for a couple years now that they will spend to the cap and that it won't take long to do that.    Miller probably won't re-sign there but it's hockey and never know.    They've got a bunch of guys we could target ... Norris is the guy i'd be interested in but not sure they'd part with him ... Norris and their first this year would be a coupe.  

And of course the NYR.   Bet they wish they traded for Miller at the deadline.   Schneider of course is the return or forget about it.    Lundqvist is meh - not even Rathbone level yet.     I'd trade Miller and Rathbone for Chytill and Schneider straight across and not even ask for their first rounder.    That's a solid hockey trade for both sides.  

In the end i love Miller - and really don't want to see him go for a bag of pucks.   The Giroux trade set the market kind of. Of course Claude has done it a lot longer, but isn't as good as Miller is right now.    Call it a wash.   They got exactly what experts keep saying we can get for Miller - a roster player (cap stuff mostly but you need that back anyways to help plug the hole),  a grade A prospect (which is the meat of the deal) and a first rounder (even odds you get a Gaunce or Hoglander with that pick OR nothing at all).  

To me if we can get either this years 2nd or 5th overall... we should all be bowing real low to both JB and Miller and thanking them for their service.    Do that without hesitation.   Schnieder or Byram as well.