The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A nickname for Kuzmenko?

Rate this topic

iceman64

2 hours ago, Victor1915 said:

Absolutely luv it! So many iconic Andy's... Warhol, Kaufman, Samburg.

Can hear the crowd now: Andy, Andy, Andy...

Andy Moog? Omg am I really this old?! SHI_T! Anyway, Andy Andy Andy like ALBERT ALBERT ALBERT on tv commercial or something back in the day? You know, when dinosaurs were still around ;)

14 hours ago, stawns said:

seems pretty obvious to me, "Kuz" (cooz)

14 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Will almost certainly be this, as boring as it is.

Add a 'The' to the front and it feels less boring; more purposeful and commanding - The Kuz

Edited by Putgolzin

14 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Well if he can shoot like an AK, I'd be more than happy, an AK-47 probably the best machine gun ever built, even close would be fine. 

The 2nd best part about the signing is how pissy the Oilers fans must be, and their media is now jumping on that he might not even make it in the NHL, that might be true in the smallest degree imaginable but it's fun watching them back pedal and say that kind of thing. 

That's a wicked nickname!  Make it so Iceman.   

As an aside, the AK 47 is so popular because of two things ... Durability and the size of the pill (bullet).   47 is used because of the year it went into full production...i've fired the same cartridge in a Ruger carbine, it's got a lot of punch without a lot of kick.    Definitely does the job despite not being high powered (deer).  

Compared to the M16's in Vietnam, they US troops had the inferior weapon for the terrain especially.    M16's .223 vs .30 ... had a higher rate of fire but couldn't go through smallish trees...where as the AK could, a big disadvantage given the terrain.   And they constantly had to bag their guns and keep them clean to avoid jamming,  AK 47 could be dropped in the mud, walked over for a couple weeks, picked up and still do its job.    Don't know why the US troops decided to go with this gun... Muzzle flashes were also a bad design feature (M16).   US/Nato finally made improvements in the early 80's ... Now the standard issue for Canadian troops is modified to the point it's definitely more versatile.    Estimated that 75 million AKs are in use right now ... more then any other weapon on the planet.   Amazing that tech created in the mid 40's still is being used in that amount of circulation.  

As for our new Russian recruit ... perfect nickname!   And hope he helps Podz along his development.     A great depth signing that has a good chance to be a regular.      

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

That's a wicked nickname!  Make it so Iceman.   

As an aside, the AK 47 is so popular because of two things ... Durability and the size of the pill (bullet).   47 is used because of the year it went into full production...i've fired the same cartridge in a Ruger carbine, it's got a lot of punch without a lot of kick.    Definitely does the job despite not being high powered (deer).  

Compared to the M16's in Vietnam, they US troops had the inferior weapon for the terrain especially.    M16's .223 vs .30 ... had a higher rate of fire but couldn't go through smallish trees...where as the AK could, a big disadvantage given the terrain.   And they constantly had to bag their guns and keep them clean to avoid jamming,  AK 47 could be dropped in the mud, walked over for a couple weeks, picked up and still do its job.    Don't know why the US troops decided to go with this gun... Muzzle flashes were also a bad design feature (M16).   US/Nato finally made improvements in the early 80's ... Now the standard issue for Canadian troops is modified to the point it's definitely more versatile.    Estimated that 75 million AKs are in use right now ... more then any other weapon on the planet.   Amazing that tech created in the mid 40's still is being used in that amount of circulation.  

As for our new Russian recruit ... perfect nickname!   And hope he helps Podz along his development.     A great depth signing that has a good chance to be a regular.      

There's only one problem - in reality, AK is not russian machine gun. It was developed by a group of German engineers led by Hugo Schmeisser, who was developing machine guns in Germany for many years and captured by the soviet forces in 1945. They were brought to russia (Izhevsk), where they continued their work on the design of a new machine gun that started back in Germany. Kalashnikov was used by the soviet propaganda as a russian face for the new weapon. In reality, Kalashnikov didn't even completed his school studies and was illiterate until 17. So, it's nothing more than very successful marketing campaign lol.

18 hours ago, GB5 said:

That's about the best anyone could come up with. I won't even try.

Andrei Kuzmenko = AK

Given Russia's invasion of Ukraine, somehow this seems inappropriate.

As mentioned, it'll probably be "Kooz".

Edited by kloubek

On 6/20/2022 at 2:10 PM, iceman64 said:

Ok so we got him, what do we call him by as in a nickname? 

My first thought was AK-47 and I hope he scores like one, anyway what's yours?  

Edit: I loved the idea of him being #47 BUT "usually" players don't change their number if they like it and is their fave and he probably asked for it too maybe so I left that part out but others picked it up and if it gets far enough by rumour maybe he will.. that would be classic! 

Edit: Speaking of classic, some of responses were funny as ____!!  And some downright genius! 

Seems like the consensus all over will be Kuz, but anyway, Kuzmenko even sounds like a cool "hockey" name or it is it just me?

Anyway, this has been as fun as Huggy bear! Lmao! I still laugh about that nick! Or funnier would have been "Huggles" ;)

Andy.

regards,  G.

* edit ^ - I figure that's what the players will call him.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2