The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrei Kuzmenko | #96 | LW

-AJ-

On 9/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, Goal:thecup said:

If all this is true, and it very well may be, then we have a very intelligent player again to go along with a long line of very intelligent players, some of which were 'Russian' like Bure and one of which is my favorite smart Canucks of all time, the Professor, Igor Larionovich.  That Russian team he led was beyond outstanding.  His time with us was cerebral.  We never should have let him go; but he wanted us to and Quinn obliged (at least that's the way I remember the story was told, lol).

If Kuz has us all figured out, I welcome it.  Podz is soak'n it all in at a hundred miles an hour from everybody, including EP, which has not been much discussed.

Mekheyev brings it all too, speed, size, smarts, our Russians are gonna rock this town.

Any players who want to play for the Vancouver Canucks are smart players; this is the way.

There will be Horvat rumours now until he signs before training camp 7 yrs X 6.8 AAV predict..

If Kuzmenko has a decent season GP 75 - G 18 - PTS 39 - rumour will start with rumours of  his signing ect

10 minutes ago, wildcam said:

There will be Horvat rumours now until he signs before training camp 7 yrs X 6.8 AAV predict..

If Kuzmenko has a decent season GP 75 - G 18 - PTS 39 - rumour will start with rumours of  his signing ect

I believe Kuz will have a good year and we will have to be smart v/v re-signing him or not.

I hope that he will appreciate everything he gets here and sign a deal that works for both him and us.

Is the club entitled to offer the 8 year deal vs other clubs being restricted to 7 years?

I think it will be too early to offer that long a contract anyway, unless he really, really, rocks it!

On 9/9/2022 at 11:06 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Way to go Bruce!!

giving him the best shot !

others might perceive this to be “special treatment “..   but it’s exactly what’s needed for his situation,.   And guaranteed,.  Bruce would have treated Tryamkin the same way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Maginator said:

Damn. Kid is shifty.

As someone who recently got back into playing hockey, I find it crazy that he can open his hips and push off like that with his feet aiming almost directly apart. That takes an insane combination of flexibility, strength and balance. I know he's a professional hockey player and literally skates for a living, but not every NHLer can do that and it opens up a lot of ice when you are able to move laterally while staying facing the play, with or without the puck.

Really excited to see him in game action and think he could have an impact similar to Garland for us.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, BCNate said:

This kid looks like the real deal.

I was cautiously optimistic about how he would do, but that is out the window after seeing him on the ice.

I can genuinely see him competing for the calder.  

Alas, I believe he is just slightly too old for the Calder, as he'll turn 27 before the year ends.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1