The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Next years first overall draft choice

So I think we should trade tanner, and Myers. Let’s them try and hope they make the playoffs. Last year there was so much movement on the team. So lots of guys were new. I think we had a club record for all the new faces on team. Then we take our boesers and millers and our first round pick to the team with the first overall pick.

What do you think?

• Haha 1

What exactly is this idea?  I’m kind of drinking and this is all blurry.  We’re trading who for what?  Habs give us their 2023 first if we take their cap dump Anderson?  No thanks.  That guy has five more years.  :sick:

• Haha 1

I think the idea is you try to predict who will unexpectedly suck next year. Montreal did it to I think Oakland in the 70s to get Lafleur. And not first overall but more recently Colorado did to Ottawa (Duchene trade) to get Bowen Byram, and then Ottawa did to San Jose (Karlsson trade) to get Stutzle.

27 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

I think the idea is you try to predict who will unexpectedly suck next year. Montreal did it to I think Oakland in the 70s to get Lafleur. And not first overall but more recently Colorado did to Ottawa (Duchene trade) to get Bowen Byram, and then Ottawa did to San Jose (Karlsson trade) to get Stutzle.

Except very few GM’s are willing to trade 1st’s without lottery protection now.  Probably because of the outcomes you cited 

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Who needs a competent team anyway? Just blow it up every year and get every 1st overall pick.

Hey a 1st overall pick increases ur chance at Stanley cup final appearance a lot of the finalist in the last 20 years have a 1st overall representing lol actually since 2003 draft a 1st overall pick was featured in the Stanley cup final 18 times well Pittsburgh had 2 but still lol. 

colorado x2

tampa x3

washington x1 

vegas x1 

pittsburgh x8 crosby and fleury 4 each 

chicago x3 

And they went on to win the cup 10 times well 11 since Colorado or Tampa winning they’ll have a 1st overall representing 

The only possibility that Bedard gets traded by whoever gets to pick him is that McJesus demands a trade out of Edmonton and he goes for Bedard. 
‘Who are we kidding though, we know Edmonton is getting that pick. 

Edited by DrJockitch

• -DLC- changed the title to [Proposal] Next years first overall draft choice
13 hours ago, Honourable Hughes said:

So the plan is to see who gets to pick Bedard and then offer that team expiring players for generational talent?

Lmao, get it done JR and Alvin.

If JR and Allvin can pull this off I will get their names tattooed on my junk... on name on each ...

• Haha 1