The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Panthers hire Paul Maurice as head coach

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Panthers go deep in next years' playoffs.  Excellent hire.  Say bye to some of their softeroos though.  

Go deep? Doesn’t he have own the worse playoff winning record of any coaches all time that have 90 games or more?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Go deep? Doesn’t he have own the worse playoff winning record of any coaches all time that have 90 games or more?

Panthers need a kick in the pants coach.  PM will do that.  But he will not put up with softeroos.  Reinhart might be on his way to Montreal for Anderson.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Panthers need a kick in the pants coach.  PM will do that.  But he will not put up with softeroos.  Reinhart might be on his way to Montreal for Anderson.  

They need a coach that knows how to win in the post season. The last couple years Florida made the playoffs.. they look like deer in the headlight. Only thing Maurice is good at is losing in the playoffs and quitting on his team. I don’t even remember the last time a coach quits on the team middle of the season that wasn’t scandal related in the nhl

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

They need a coach that knows how to win in the post season. The last couple years Florida made the playoffs.. they look like deer in the headlight. Only thing Maurice is good at is losing in the playoffs and quitting on his team. I don’t even remember the last time a coach quits on the team middle of the season that wasn’t scandal related in the nhl

I hate all teams other than us. The Panthers can suck pucks.  But PM is a good hire.  It's just he's not going to put up with the softies.  So guys like Reinhart are out.  

Reinhart to the Habs for Josh Anderson.  It's going to happen.  

15 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Cheveldayoff and him spoke numerous times and made him understand that it was time to move on.  

Edited by mll
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol imagine being a jack Adam finalist and then replaced 

I feel like even a chimp could have coached that team to a President's Trophy. However, the role/impact of coaching is really magnified in the playoffs and they really struggled there. Probably ownership thought that's more indicative of his coaching skills.

• Vintage 1