The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Curtis Lazar interested in signing with Canucks

Lazar is more of a 4th line center than the ideal 3C we need - someone a bit better defensively and offensively. His size is nice but we have Lammikko who has done everything we need in a 4C.

For me we'd be wise to go after Jarnkrok, Copp, Janmark or Tierney instead.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Lazar is more of a 4th line center than the ideal 3C we need - someone a bit better defensively and offensively. His size is nice but we have Lammikko who has done everything we need in a 4C.

For me we'd be wise to go after Jarnkrok, Copp, Janmark or Tierney instead.

Could Lazar be to this group what Malholtra was the the great Gillis created teams?  Maybe Lazar can fill a very important (and missing from this group) right shot, defensive minded C?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Canucks forfeit their 2022 1st round draft pick under the terms of 'tampering' in the collective agreement due to Dhaliwal's tweet about Lazar being interested in Vancouver on June 22, 2022.

-- Mr. G. Bettman

And due to said willful ignorance, they also must endure one more year of the Luongo cap recapture because do as we say not as we do. 

• Haha 2

Not sure what he would bring to the table that would improve the team, unless they get him real cheap.

An irrelevant tangent:   Interesting that a few years back Calgary traded a second rounder to Ottawa for him - probably thought he was a reclamation project since he was relatively highly touted coming out of Junior.  That second rounder ended up being Alex Formenton.  I guess that does not hurt as much as the second rounder Calgary gave to St.Louis for Brian Elliott..that ended up being Jordan KYROU.

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

How do you figure?

37 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

How so? This is Lazar commenting on how it would be cool to play for the Canucks. The organization hasn’t said anything about wanted to sign Lazar

Because it's all part of the anti-Canucks conspiracy. It goes all the way to the top! Follow the breadcrumbs sheeple !!!!

Just now, Darius said:

Not sure what he would bring to the table that would improve the team, unless they get him real cheap.

An irrelevant tangent:   Interesting that a few years back Calgary traded a second rounder to Ottawa for him - probably thought he was a reclamation project since he was relatively highly touted coming out of Junior.  That second rounder ended up being Alex Formenton.  I guess that does not hurt as much as the second rounder Calgary gave to St.Louis for Brian Elliott..that ended up being Jordan KYROU.

Benning traded how many second rounders for similar guys?  Vey and Baer.  Wasted

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

to what need does he address ?
3C ? no 

4C ? we already have Lammikko
4RW ? mayyyyybe but we have Lockwood. 

We need a right shot center who can PK and be a D zone draw guy.  Lazar fits that need.  And he would be cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's not the Canucks organization commenting, so I can't see how this would be tampering.

But okay, maybe the Canucks do take a chance on him, he'd be cheap. 

Garland - Horvat - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Pearson - Lazar - Hoglander

Highmore - Dickinson - Lockwood

Fix the D

no lammigoals? big time fail

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could Lazar be to this group what Malholtra was the the great Gillis created teams?  Maybe Lazar can fill a very important (and missing from this group) right shot, defensive minded C?

No lol.  Lazar isn't anywhere close to peak Malhotra.  He's a RW for Lammiko who could maybe fill in Lammiko's spot if he gets injured.

• Cheers 1

Would he be replacing Petan's place as first call up centreman is how I would be looking at it and if he beat out Lammikko as 4th line center would it be a bad thing ? Canucks do need more NHL depth .

• Vintage 1