The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Curtis Lazar interested in signing with Canucks

50 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The difference is that Lazar has the ability to not be completely useless.

Defs see Laz as an upgrade on Petan next year. Could see him getting a similar contract to the one Benning gave Hunt to bring him 'home' and play between the two BC teams (although...Hunt never got demoted after all last year....). On a two year deal he wouldn't be too high risk on waivers for next year. Plus he's a right-handed defensive center. Don't see it as a bad depth upgrade.

I'd take Lammikko, Highmore, Dickenson and Chiasson over Lazar.

Does he move the needle enough to make this team any better?

This management can no longer accept mediocrity just to fill spots. If a player doesnt make the team better every shift then dont sign them. We have to get better 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I do too.  But he's a left handed shot and not really a guy trusted to take D zone draws.  Larzar would be our D zone guy on his strong side and give Bo a break from taking so many on his weaker side.  

I would rather see Linus Karlsson get a look see at that spot instead of Lazar. To be honest; I have not sen much of Karlsson's game to know how he would fare at that position but he is a center and is a right shot as well.

7 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I would rather see Linus Karlsson get a look see at that spot instead of Lazar. To be honest; I have not sen much of Karlsson's game to know how he would fare at that position but he is a center and is a right shot as well.

Is Karlsson a defensive centre?  Lazar would be our right shot guy for D zone draws.  

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If he is available on a minimum contract he'll be signed.  As a minimum contract 4th line player he's ok.

If signed to league minimum, the Canucks will have made a long journey from the days when fourth liners were being offered/paid $3M AAV with term.  What a difference smart hockey men makes, huh?

Edited by bigbadcanucks