The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Goalie from Mighty Ducks 2 Burns Leafs Fans - Comedy Gold :)

Rate this topic

Am I the only one that thinks these jokes are repetitive and unoriginal?

That was a time to celebrate the player, and the joke made it about the city. The hilarity that the Leafs have not succeeded in the playoffs is well-known already.

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

That was a time to celebrate the player, and the joke made it about the city. The hilarity that the Leafs have not succeeded in the playoffs is well-known already.

Most any other team. But the Leafs? Keep it coming and keep piling on the jokes baby!

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I think it's worth discussing how truly biased some of these votes are AGAINST Matthews.

Or the other way, Liljegren actually got votes for Rookie of the year, that is some major bias towards Toronto. 
Some people had McDavid not on Hart ballot or 4-5th.  They need to look at who votes for these, actually scratch that, who cares!

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

When you hire a comedian to host an awards show, you are gonna get some roasting humor.

Kenan was served up a nice juicy softball there, and delivered it well.  Easy shot, sure.  But that's his job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I think it's worth discussing how truly biased some of these votes are AGAINST Matthews.

Not even remotely… do you even know what that award is for?

”The most valuable player TO HIS TEAM”

It is pretty easy to argue Matthews was less valuable to his team than guys like Josi, Shesterkin, McDavid, Huberdeau… 

If you take any of those guys off those teams, and they are in a world of hurt.  If you take Matthews of the Leafs roster, they still have a ton of offence and don’t fall off much. Another guys just gets those prime PP minutes.  Heck, if things were actually fair, if you take the actual definition of the award… I don’t even know that he is the most valuable guy on his own team, never mind the league.  If you take Reilly off the Toronto roster, I don’t think they are even a playoff team.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Provost said:

It is pretty easy to argue Matthews was less valuable to his team than guys like Josi, Shesterkin, McDavid, Huberdeau… 

If you take any of those guys off those teams, and they are in a world of hurt.  If you take Matthews of the Leafs roster, they still have a ton of offence and don’t fall off much. Another guys just gets those prime PP minutes.  Heck, if things were actually fair, if you take the actual definition of the award… I don’t even know that he is the most valuable guy on his own team, never mind the league.  If you take Reilly off the Toronto roster, I don’t think they are even a playoff team.

I'm sure it's just as 'easy' to argue that Lilgrin got some votes for being Rookie of the Year too. Totally unbiased...

On 6/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, Provost said:

Ya, I'd put JT Miller ahead of Matthews. This team doesn't even come close to almost making the playoffs without Miller. Marner on Toronto was only 9 points back of Matthews. Award should have gone to Josi

Edited by Psycho_Path
grammar
  • Upvote 1