[Speculation] Dubois Will Not Re-sign as RFA, Will Enter Market as UFA in 2024

1 hour ago, NucknAsia said:

Sounds like there's a pretty big Rot in Winnipeg

Coach quits

Schiefle rumours of wanting out

Now PLD saying not re-signing

No coach

what is going on there

Sadly I think Trotz is probably leaning towards Detroit.

Think about it. A team that's ready to go now, but still has holes, and off ice issues.

Or a team on the rise with Yzerman as your GM.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wasn't he Benning's first choice as well?

that was the speculation going into the draft.

Ppl thought he'd be there at 5 and originally it was matthews,laine, poolparty at the top 3.

I think ppl expected either tkachuk or dubois at 4,5. Interchangeable.

Juolevi at 6. 

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Upvote 1

Good player, I'm not interested in what it would take to potentially acquire him though. If all the reports about management wanting to change the culture and atmosphere of the team are true as well, I can't see a me-first diva like PLD fitting in the team's plans either.

• Cheers 1

Just now, McBackup said:

Good player, I'm not interested in what it would take to potentially acquire him though. If all the reports about management wanting to change the culture and atmosphere of the team are true as well, I can't see a me-first diva like PLD fitting in the team's plans either.

Actually kind of funny how he wanted out of Columbus and ended up in Winnipeg out of all places

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Do they need him though?  Suzuki, then depending on what Wright becomes.

That, is hard to say, but I think that’s where he really wants to be. Montreal had a plan to grab him at the draft until Columbus took him off the board sooner than expected. I think he wants to be playing in front of his hometown.

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so a guy career best  no better than horvat.. never been better than pettersson.. career best of 60 and 61 points we want to pay him 8mil to be the #1 center?? all of a sudden Miller looks cheap even at 9mil+

Run the comparables against players his age and perceived long term value, regardless of position, and you’ll see that that’s where he could arrive at. 
Laine has had some health and consistency issues, but I bet his next deal comes in around the same $ value.

And although Horvat is only 27, that’s another 3 years longer than PMD has had to have proven himself. Again, it’s about long term investment and security in retaining your “foundational” youth. Every team ponies up more than they should when hedging that bet around that asset age demo. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

He's 2 years to UFA.  Would guess that him wanting out is going to push Winnipeg into a rebuild.

Scheifele was already wondering about his future.  UFA in 2 years like Dubois.  

Hellebuyck also has 2 years left.  Ehlers has 3 years left. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, mll said:

He's 2 years to UFA.  Would guess that him wanting out is going to push Winnipeg into a rebuild.

Scheifele was already wondering about his future.  UFA in 2 years like Dubois.  

Hellebuyck also has 2 years left.  Ehlers has 3 years left. 

That’s sucks for Jets fans if it were to fall apart. I’d hate to see that happen here with our core group should this rebuild not work out.