The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Senators sign agreement to build an arena at LeBreton Flats

Rate this topic

mll

The old arena was an absolute nightmare to get to for 80% of attendees, causing not only problems for people going to the games, but also for anyone trying to get absolutely anywhere in the West end on a game night. To make matters worse, the public transit options available to the site were an absolute joke as well, and so unpleasant that absolutely no one would opt for that means of getting there. I work in Tourism and it is an absolute embarrassment to promote.

Now that we have light rail (despite the hiccups) there is just no reason to drive a car to the game. Park along the rail route at any stop and save yourself a huge headache. I often use my experience in Vancouver of walking to the game and then home to buy a pizza etc as exactly what should be happening in Ottawa.

It is an immensely positive development.

47 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Ottawa's got a pretty nice group of young stars and now they don't have the handicap of Melnyk.

Now if only the Vancouver Whitecaps can get better owners.  Unlike Melnyk, who wasn't THAT loaded, the Whitecaps owners have about as much as the Aquilini's so they're just cheap.