The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce Hockey Operations enhancements

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

this is going to take 4-5 years. 

I think that is a little overblown.  Depth guys will be integrated as roster players as 22-24 year olds and you are realistically only adding 1 maybe 2 players of that Ilk to the active roster each season.  At the level we are getting to it takes a pretty special prospect to supplant a top 6 forward or top 4 dman the one glaring need being RD which I expect will be addressed this off season.  The depth players we need are the role players now.  Alvin and Rutherford did a pretty good job finding those guys for Pitt and hopefully can do the same here.  We also have a pretty decent volume of players drafted over the last 3 years and they can’t be written off yet.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Just when it looks like we are creating a progressive front office we hire the guy who brought Aldrich to the Hawks. 

The Sharks also hired Aldrich, NCAA Notre Dame and the US Men's Olympic team chose him in 2010 as well. Guilt by association is reaching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Wow... this organization is getting pretty stacked.  Good to see Aquilini really opening up the pocket books to make this a first class franchise.

Well look at all the money he saved when it was just Benning and Weisbrod lol. 

Definitely some good hires in there, Especially Tallon. 

Polar opposite reactions to Tallon here vs on Canucks twitter. 

He's been cleared by a private firm, Im not going to pretend to know him & his character personally, & I trust they wouldn't hire him if he was genuinely a bad person. 

He's in a minimal role regardless, pro scout & offering his 0.02 as an experienced executive. He won't have the same control as Rutherford/Allvin by any means. 

The rest seem like very good hires, and more consequential. This seems like a positive for me but time will tell. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Bringing in experience as well as promoting within. I really do believe Ryan Johnson has a future as a GM in this league, so it's nice to see him moving up the ranks. Dale Tallon is a very interesting name. Senior advisor and a Scout. Pretty good role for him. Can't imagine it'll be long term but having him around will help us develop the younger folks like the Sedins and aforementioned Ryan Johnson.

Brad Shaw coming back will be a huge boon too if possible. If he does go somewhere else do we get compensation? Or is he not under contract? Either way, I like the moves in the front office. New management team getting stuff done. I was a Benning defender for a long while but it definitely felt like he was flying by the seat of his pants when not doing stuff with the draft.

BREAKING NEWS.....This just in . NHL head office in complete panic .introduce Management salary Cap make it retroactive .Ding Canucks next 3 first round draft picks and a cap recapture penalty of 3 smill a year for the next 50 years .....More to come  

Sorry couldn't help myself 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Pittsburg starting to get a bit tired of Vancouver's poaching?

Or are we going to get a couple players we need off their roster as well?

Tonight might be the end of the 2021-2022 hockey season and playoffs.

Then we might start to see the gloves come off on trades leading up to the draft (less than 2 weeks away now).

GO CANUCKS GO!

What a turn around 

from dumb (Jb) and dumber(wiesbro)  trying to do everything themselves and failing. 

to now an entire  team of respected qualified professionals.
JR PA putting this club on the right path by hiring people who actually know how to build and what a foundational player is. 

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Bringing in experience as well as promoting within. I really do believe Ryan Johnson has a future as a GM in this league, so it's nice to see him moving up the ranks. Dale Tallon is a very interesting name. Senior advisor and a Scout. Pretty good role for him. Can't imagine it'll be long term but having him around will help us develop the younger folks like the Sedins and aforementioned Ryan Johnson.

Brad Shaw coming back will be a huge boon too if possible. If he does go somewhere else do we get compensation? Or is he not under contract? Either way, I like the moves in the front office. New management team getting stuff done. I was a Benning defender for a long while but it definitely felt like he was flying by the seat of his pants when not doing stuff with the draft.

No compensation anymore.

• Thanks 1

What's awesome is that with these guys coming into our hockey operations, we have gained considerable knowledge, expertise, intel regarding players, teams, and even management structures that will benefit us for the next 5+ years. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Tallon is in the spotlight but Scott Young seems like the real 'get' here.

PIT had lots of success getting NHL players out of the US/colleges.

Feels like this management is making it a priority to have all their bases covered.

Crosby and Malkin is a pretty easy selling point.

2 hours ago, Baratheon said:

I don't care what you think of Tallon as a GM.  He just has to go out and identify talent.  He has an excellent track record for this and it's a perfect role for him.  Building the team is not just players and coaches.  I love this!

I agree he was brain of building the core of the Chicago team that were contenders for many years..

He Did the similar thing  with Florida...

Good hockey guy..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Tallon being cleared of any wrongdoing is all i needed to hear. Excellent hires and promotions.

Crazy a year ago we had only Benning and Weisbrod loool

37 minutes ago, combover said:

What a turn around 

from dumb (Jb) and dumber(wiesbro)  trying to do everything themselves and failing. 

to now an entire  team of respected qualified professionals.
JR PA putting this club on the right path by hiring people who actually know how to build and what a foundational player is. 

you guys might be forgetting a bunch of other staff members that got purged over the last few months. the canucks front office was never just benning and weisbrod. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1