The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Miller to NYI

Alright, Battle of the old school. Lou Lam Vs JR. Lets say we just cant find good value in any other trade avenue for that young stud RHD, Would you be OK with taking on a seasoned RHD that would slide in perfect beside either huggy or OEL for prime years to come?

VAN:

-Miller OR Boeser

-Poolman

-Jbone

-22' 3rd

NYI:

-Pulock 6.15x7, 27 yo 6'2 215 

-Ross Johnston

-22' 1st --- #13

These guys still think they are in win now mode. I mean they kinda are with the contracts and way the roster is constructed. Islanders have shown they will pay for guys around this age and term does not worry them. This also banks on them moving money out in other trades as they need depth along with the space to re-sign miller or Boeser and barzal. This also banks on Jbone having value around the league.

Poolman and johnston is a wash, One can play a decent 16min game, The other doesn't play very much but could be our goon. Both have weird 4 year deals. They need the D depth

Media out that way suggest things like debrincat for 22' first, Wahlstrom , Raty. Thats a hefty price to pay in a cap crunch. Pulock will have lots of value to them, But 6.15 off the books while bringing on a past season 99 point primed miller may just give that locker room what it need to take that next step. If they want the younger option, A 1st line goal scoring winger for barzal... They can take Boeser instead. Cap space is probably one of the most valuable things out there. Not having to give up multiple good ELC guys may be what they prefer. 

I'm also factoring in Dobson taking over the top RD from pulock this past season, And he needs a new deal. They may be keen to move him

Fire away,

• Vintage 1

Poolman is an LTIR risk with his migraines.  Can't imagine a team taking him on given that risk.  LTIR costs cap space and NYI have performance bonuses on Parise's contract.  It's far too costly.  They were lucky to move Boychuk for future considerations and it allowed them to bank cap space to limit their overage. 

Lamoriello's priority is to improve their D-corps per his end of season presser.  Pulock hasn't even started his new deal and has a full NTC on the 1st 5 years of his deal.  He took an 8 year contract to stay in NYI and they clearly have no intention on trading him if they give him a full no trade.

NYI looks to have far too many 30 year olds - would expect them to be adding some youth to their lineup rather than target another soon to be 30 year old.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Alright, Battle of the old school. Lou Lam Vs JR. Lets say we just cant find good value in any other trade avenue for that young stud RHD, Would you be OK with taking on a seasoned RHD that would slide in perfect beside either huggy or OEL for prime years to come?

VAN:

-Miller OR Boeser

-Poolman

-Jbone

-22' 3rd

NYI:

-Pulock 6.15x7, 27 yo 6'2 215 

-Ross Johnston

-22' 1st --- #13

These guys still think they are in win now mode. I mean they kinda are with the contracts and way the roster is constructed. Islanders have shown they will pay for guys around this age and term does not worry them. This also banks on them moving money out in other trades as they need depth along with the space to re-sign miller or Boeser and barzal. This also banks on Jbone having value around the league.

Poolman and johnston is a wash, One can play a decent 16min game, The other doesn't play very much but could be our goon. Both have weird 4 year deals. They need the D depth

Media out that way suggest things like debrincat for 22' first, Wahlstrom , Raty. Thats a hefty price to pay in a cap crunch. Pulock will have lots of value to them, But 6.15 off the books while bringing on a past season 99 point primed miller may just give that locker room what it need to take that next step. If they want the younger option, A 1st line goal scoring winger for barzal... They can take Boeser instead. Cap space is probably one of the most valuable things out there. Not having to give up multiple good ELC guys may be what they prefer. 

I'm also factoring in Dobson taking over the top RD from pulock this past season, And he needs a new deal. They may be keen to move him

Fire away,

If only they’d do this 

8 hours ago, mll said:

Poolman is an LTIR risk with his migraines.  Can't imagine a team taking him on given that risk.  LTIR costs cap space and NYI have performance bonuses on Parise's contract.  It's far too costly.  They were lucky to move Boychuk for future considerations and it allowed them to bank cap space to limit their overage. 

Lamoriello's priority is to improve their D-corps per his end of season presser.  Pulock hasn't even started his new deal and has a full NTC on the 1st 5 years of his deal.  He took an 8 year contract to stay in NYI and they clearly have no intention on trading him if they give him a full no trade.

NYI looks to have far too many 30 year olds - would expect them to be adding some youth to their lineup rather than target another soon to be 30 year old.  

people need to stop putting Poolman into trade ideas, he just hurts the chances of a deal happening. 

The only way we are moving Poolman is with us paying to do it. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

people need to stop putting Poolman into trade ideas, he just hurts the chances of a deal happening. 

It's true, Especially with his health in question. Even swapping poolman for dermott I would still do this deal though

• Vintage 1

I do that deal all day long... not sure the Islanders to it though especially when you add in that 1st rounder.

They need to shed some cap from their forward group first, and they don't have enough money coming off the books next year to even afford a Miller extension.

If they can sort that out, then I could see some variation of that move.  

On 6/26/2022 at 10:06 AM, JM_ said:

I suppose it's possible but it just weakens the return ... maybe we should see how he plays next year ... same with Dickie.    

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

I suppose it's possible but it just weakens the return ... maybe we should see how he plays next year ... same with Dickie.    

I'm hoping we've seen the last of Dickie. You know what I mean.